The Coffee House

Full Version: Old TCH themes and graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, the ZetaBoards to TapaTalk conversions are in full swing now - and, I'm guessing it isn't long before the old TCH gets downgraded in this manner. With that, all of the themes we spent ages creating for that platform will soon be no more. We've converted some of them to the new MyBB format; however, we aren't going to have time to convert them all :( . So, I thought I ought to put this collection of screenshots together, to serve as a record of our work before it's too late. 

Most of these themes were created by myself and Nilla. However, Purple Origin was made by ObsessedwithBirds; Denis Pick did some of the work on the Sea Raiders theme (a modification of a tiptopolive theme); and I believe Wangie's Wife made some of the graphics and banners for the older themes. 

So, without further ado, here are the themes: 

Section #1: Default themes

These are the themes that served as default themes on the ZetaBoards incarnation of The Coffee House, or one of its predecessors. I've listed them in chronological order from 2008 onwards. 

Checkmate 3 (Chess Resources Forum default theme, 2008-09):
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Imperial Forum theme (2009-10):
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Coffee House classic theme (2010-14): 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Revitalized Mahogany (2014-18):
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Section #1: Celebratory themes

This section is for special holiday themes that we created over the years. I'm doing these again in chronological order. 

Classic Winter theme (2011-13):
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

New Winter theme (2014-17): 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Christmas theme (2015-17). What you see here is the 2017 revision; the original version used in 2015 and 2016 was redder and brighter: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Hallowe'en theme (2016-17):
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Easter theme (2017-18): 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Valentine's Day (2018):
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Section #3: Other custom themes

These themes were never intended as board defaults; however, they were available to choose on the theme selector, and many of them were popular choices in this role :) . This time, I've listed them in alphabetical order (I can't even remember the chronological order :( ). 

Dark Energy: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Gracious Green: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Gridlock: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

ImF Re-Energized: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Lavender v2. This was intended as a replacement for the "Lavender" theme on TCH. Nilla had almost finished it when the TapaTalk conversion was announced :(
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Lucky Blue: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Meme theme: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Nature's Bounty (originally called 'Summer Green'): 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Nuclear Glow: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Obsidian Metal: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Purple Origin: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Roses: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Sea Raiders:
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

True Night: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Vino Rosso: 
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

And, that's all the themes I have. I hope older members enjoyed their nostalgia trip - and newer members enjoyed their history lesson!
OH. I love the holiday themes, those are so cool.

Maybe if I practice, I could help convert too.
Sea Raiders and Obsidian Metal MVP.
No love for Cocoa  :'( ??
(07-19-2018, 09:22 PM)Pyrite Wrote: [ -> ]No love for Cocoa  :'( ??

We didn't make Cocoa. :P
(07-19-2018, 09:32 PM)Nilla Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2018, 09:22 PM)Pyrite Wrote: [ -> ]No love for Cocoa  :'( ??

We didn't make Cocoa. :P 

Too true. But you did make Not Really Cocoa, for which I am eternally grateful! :)
Okay, so this one isn't actually a ZetaBoards theme, but it is still part of our history, and it deserves to be recorded: 

Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

This is an earlier version of the TCH default theme for MyBB, as seen on IcyBoards. This shows how far I'd progressed with the theme prior to the shock announcement of IcyBoards' closure. As you can see, the basics were all there (although the header was later heavily revised to be more like ZetaBoards). 

Also, while I'm at it, I think I should post this, which I put together while I was exploring XenForo. It's nowhere near as polished as the MyBB theme; however, it's still an interesting snapshot of what could have been: 

Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)
Now for some very old ones: 

https://tchforum.jcink.net/index.php

I set up a Jcink forum, and copied a whole bunch of my old InvisionFree skins across to there. This way, they'll at least be saved after the InvisionFree/ZetaBoards servers get shut off, once the TapaTalk transitions are done. 

As you'll see, I used to have a knack for hurting people's eyes :( !
Well, you're not going to believe this - but, on the Jcink forum, there's a copy of the ZetaBoards TCH default theme :O .

This was made possible by TuneableSumo876 (whom some of you might know from mindsConnected). He's currently working on a wrapper to allow ZetaBoards themes to be used on Jcink - and he kindly allowed me to use an early version of this wrapper to put ZetaBoards themes onto a Jcink forum. I have to say, he's done a terrific job with this: it looks very much like a ZetaBoards theme :D .

Granted, this wrapper is still a work-in-progress, and you'll find serious issues once you get away from the board index - but, what he's done so far is mightily impressive!
*cries looking at her beautiful updated Lavender theme that got butchered*

I was just about to release it too...
Pages: 1 2 3