The Coffee House

Full Version: Random interesting facts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
This is for *interesting* facts, so please try to keep it that way. I'll start off.

• Elvis weighed 230 lbs. at the time of his death.
  • New Hampshire license plates have the motto 'Live free or Die' on them. These plates are manufactured by prison inmates.
  • Napoleon and Hitler both had one testicle. 
  • The shortest complete sentence in the English language is "I am."
[Image: zhqv8y8.gif]
Yay, this thread again! Stickied for awesomeness :D

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" is a gramatically valid English sentence.
  • Every day, about 6 babies worldwide are given to the wrong parents.
  • Pigs can have orgasms that last 30 minutes, human orgasms only last 3 to 10 seconds.

Heck yeah. I like these type topics.
  • Scientists have recently discovered Mallards and Andean Cock-of-the-rocks feeding on other birds. :O 
  • Largest hailstone in Oklahoma was 6 inches in diameter, found 2 miles north of Gotebo on 5/23/11.
  • The film Twister was recorded in Wakita, Oklahoma. Sadly, several of the buildings that were demolished for the film were never rebuilt. 
Btw, I've been to Wakita but that was ages ago.
  • A peanut is not a nut. It is a legume.
  • Kilts are not native to Scotland. They originated in France.
  • The Statue of Liberty is in New Jersey, not New York.
  • It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce, and 13 hours to build a Toyota.
  • In Yap, an isle in the south Pacific, they use rocks as money.
(07-17-2018, 04:30 AM)Crooked Crow Wrote: [ -> ] 
  • It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce, and 13 hours to build a Toyota.
I guess there a benefits to taking your time. After all, when was the last time you heard about a Rolls Royce recall :lol: ?
M’Baku is a villain in the original comics and is named Man-Ape there. The code name was dropped because it would look offensive by calling a black person an ape.
In the original Japanese versions of Animal Crossing game Gracie is a man. http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Gracie

Same with Paper Mario & the Thousand Year Door as Vivian is also a male who was originally depicted as transgender, identifying as female, but this was lost in translation. https://www.mariowiki.com/Vivian#Paper_M...-Year_Door
  • Abomasnow is the first Pokémon in alphabetical order.
  • Zygarde is the last Pokémon in alphabetical order.
  •  Crabominable has the most letters.
  • Mew and Muk have the least.
  • Indigo Bunting, Blue Jay, Eastern Bluebird, Common Kingfisher, many hummingbirds and sunbirds are not actually blue, or green but actually black. This is caused by refraction or iridescence. For green birds, they're actually yellow, but the structure of the feathers makes them appear green.
  • Sooty Terns can fly 3-10 years without landing. I have no idea if this is true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I love these! Keep it up!

(07-17-2018, 04:37 PM)queenzelda Wrote: [ -> ]In the original Japanese versions of Animal Crossing game Gracie is a man. http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Gracie

Same with Paper Mario & the Thousand Year Door as Vivian is also a male who was originally depicted as transgender, identifying as female, but this was lost in translation. https://www.mariowiki.com/Vivian#Paper_M...-Year_Door

Vivian is my favourite Paper Mario character- despite being canonically transgender. She's so sweet and adorable. I really do like Vivian a lot. Her sisters are absolute bitches to her, too.
  • Apples are 25% air.
  • Lizards communicate by doing push-ups!
  • Shrimps have their hearts in their head. The heart is located on the dorsal side of the head, near the middle of the body.
  • Apple seeds have trace amounts of cyanide in them! One person has actually died from this- they ate a cup of apple seeds.
  • Without all the artificial colours, Coke would be a dark green.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20