The Coffee House

Full Version: Star Wars Episode IX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Here's a thread about Star Wars Episode IX, set to be released at the end of 2019. 

At this stage, we don't know a lot about it, but a lot of the Original Trilogy characters won't be appearing, either because they were killed off in earlier episodes, or because the actors who played them are no longer with us (Leia :'( ). However, we do know one who will be appearing: Billy Dee Williams will be reprising his role as Lando Calrissian: 

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/9/175513...calrissian

I just hope they don't kill him off needlessly too -_- . TBH I don't have a whole lot of enthusiasm for this movie after The Last Jedi disappointed me, but I'll probably still end up watching it anyway. What about you?
Oh wow. I’m liking all the movies so far, and I’ll definitely go and see this.
I don't consider the disney star wars movies canon.
Considering that there's better options like Shazam, Captain Marvel, Fate/Stay Night: Heavens Feel part 2, Spider-Man: Far Away From Home and Wonder Woman 1984, count me out!
Spoiler
(07-13-2018, 12:55 AM)Dapocalypse Wrote: [ -> ]I don't consider the disney star wars movies canon.

I'm pretty much the same way, really. 

When Episode VII came out, I was happy to admit it to my head-canon: the movie played it safe, but other than that I didn't have any serious problems with it (and I thought it set up some interesting mysteries for episodes VIII and IX). However, Episode VIII just felt to me like a big-budget Star Wars fanfic, rather than a continuation of the Star Wars canon, so I don't really acknowledge it as such. This means there's no longer any need for me to include Episode VII in my head-canon - especially since Episode VIII did absolutely nothing with the things I liked about it.
I was quite a fan of a lot of the Expanded Universe stuff also which has made me a little cold towards the Disney era. Something just feels "off" about them-- they don't feel quite like Star Wars and I can't place it. 

That being said I am excited to see Billy Dee again and am trying to remain optimistic for the next film. I feel like Solo under performing may make executives realize how careful they have to be with the approach of this film.
After Solo (i didn't watch it but it seems like a lot of people didnt really like it), I do not think I can trust Disney working on Star Wars really.

Though, I might still watch Star Wars IX though with mediocre-to-low expectations this time...
(07-23-2018, 07:15 AM)Bollywood Wrote: [ -> ]I was quite a fan of a lot of the Expanded Universe stuff also which has made me a little cold towards the Disney era. Something just feels "off" about them-- they don't feel quite like Star Wars and I can't place it. 

That being said I am excited to see Billy Dee again and am trying to remain optimistic for the next film. I feel like Solo under performing may make executives realize how careful they have to be with the approach of this film.

Yeah, I can certainly understand that. I never grew up with any of the Expanded Universe stuff, but if I had done, then I'd probably feel the same way. 

Anyway, the cast list has been announced:
https://www.slashfilm.com/episode-9-cast/

Perhaps surprisingly, Carrie Fisher is returning as Princess Leia (using previously-unseen footage recorded for The Force Awakens).
So, apparently, we now know that this film will take place a year after the end of The Last Jedi:

https://moviehole.net/carrie-fisher-episodeix-solution/

This means that General Leia could plausibly have retired or passed away during the gap between the two movies. This would appear to address the question of how to handle Carrie Fisher's passing; however, they did previously specify that some unused footage of her from previous films would be worked into this one. Whether that's a flashback, a Force ghost, or something else entirely, remains to be seen.
#StarWarsLegendsisthetruecanon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5