The Coffee House

Full Version: House of the Dragon (GoT spinoff)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.nme.com/news/tv/house-dragon...el-2562527

HBO has confirmed details of a new Game of Thrones prequel, only hours after the main spin-off was cancelled.

The new offering, titled House of The Dragon, is based on Thrones companion book Fire & Blood and has been handed a 10-episode series by HBO.

Taking place some 300 years before the events of the main series, it tells the story of House Targaryen.

Created by Thrones author George RR Martin and writer Ryan Condal, it will be led by Thrones director Miguel Sapochnik who teams up with Condal as showrunner. Sapochnik is known for directing some of Thrones‘ most acclaimed episodes – including ‘Battle of the Bastards’, ‘Hardhome’ and ‘The Long Night’.

“The Game of Thrones universe is so rich with stories,” said Casey Bloys, president of HBO programming. “We look forward to exploring the origins of House Targaryen and the earlier days of Westeros along with Miguel, Ryan and George.”

All sounds good, although it does come at the same time as the news that the first prequel (starring Naomi Watts) won't happen any more, so I expect GoT fans will be pretty disappointed with that :( .

Anyway, let's hope that "Game of Thrones" prequels don't turn into a joke, like "Star Wars prequels" did :P .

At last! A show about Bolt and Visenya Targaryen's ancestors!
As long as we do get to see people from other Houses. Focusing too much on one House initially sounds a bit less appealing. Having said that, I expect we will indeed see more.
And now, it's been confirmed that this will begin production in 2021:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter...66208.html

However, that doesn't reveal a lot: it could be in a month, or it could be in a year. And, either way, it'll probably still be a while before it's released... I guess we're looking at a 2022 debut now?
Looks like some pictures have emerged, showing some new characters:

Good to see more evidence of progress with this :P .
The first teaser is out now:

Obviously doesn't give much away - but, it seems it's been quite well-received!
I don't really know what to say about it from that... I'm just sure I'll end up watching it.
(10-08-2021, 05:21 PM)Opal Fruit Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really know what to say about it from that... I'm just sure I'll end up watching it.

I guess this means I’ll end up watching it too :lol: ???
Watching all seasons of the original GoT, I have got to see this. It's one of those types of fantasy-related shows that I can actually sit through and enjoy. That can't be said for a lot of shows I've tried to watch or thought about watching.
I'm probably alone in this. I was hoping a show would be made about Ayra exploring west of westeros.
--
It will be fascinating to see Targaryen history. Looks like an interesting show. I will watch it.
Pages: 1 2