The Coffee House

Full Version: 'Home Alone' and 'Night at the Museum' remakes announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49260934

Disney has announced it's going to remake Home Alone for its new streaming service.

The studio's chief exec Bob Iger said there will also be "reimaginations" of Night At the Museum, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Cheaper By the Dozen.

Disney now owns the franchises after it bought the film studio 20th Century Fox.

The new service Disney+ launches in the US in November and is expected to hit the UK next year.

The Christmas classic starring Macaulay Culkin was originally released back in 1990 and has an audience rating of 80% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Wow, how many of these movies do they need to re-make?! These aren't even live-action remakes of animated movies, because the originals were live-action to begin with -_- .

It's getting to the point where Disney would be better off announcing which films aren't going to be re-made, because that would be quicker...
I saw the announcement of both movies on facebook & I rolled my eyes. Disney is just going to get new actors for the roles & these new people are going to just half a** it. That and I don't really support Disney since they don't care to do anything original; they gotta rehash everything: or make it worse. <_<
Completely unnecessary, yet financially sound.

I believe that should be their motto right there.
Home alone: [Image: Ow5BrgM.jpg]

Night At the Museum just pissing on William's grave
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Too Soon
Cheaper By the Dozen aka Disney's name for all their remakes this decade and next.
lol, nostalgia capitalism.
Right, so Disney have completely run out of ideas (not that they had any in the first place - almost all their movies are based off someone's original work). Yeah, it makes financial sense, but it's just so uncreative and lazy to me. I'm not that sold on either of these franchises so if I was going to rewatch them, I'd probably just see the original again. 

There seems to be a real gap in the film market right now for original stories - almost everything being churned out nowadays is either a remake or based on a novel.
I watched Home Alone before it was a pretty awesome movie! I think a remake would just ruin it though. Disney is literally just cashing in on nostalgia now.
I think this tweet sums it up;

I couldn’t care less about Home Alone and while I did like Night at the Museum as a kid, I prefer Deadliest Warrior nowadays.
Also people, keep your minds open and your nostalgia filters off! Maybe a Riordan universe reboot is in order! Also, there’s Raya and the Last Dragon for the Disney Animated Canon, so they’re possibly crossing over with Avatar: The Last Airbender! YES!!!!
Home alone AND night at the museum? disney you really need to lay off the kool aid.