The Coffee House

Full Version: Woodstock 50 festival cancelled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/j...fore-event

The troubled Woodstock 50th anniversary music festival planned for August was officially canceled on Wednesday, with organizers blaming a series of “unforeseen setbacks”.

The three-day festival, meant to mark the 50th anniversary of the famed 1969 celebration of peace and music, was planned for 16-18 August.

Greg Peck, principal of Woodstock 50, said an “unfortunate dispute” with a financial partner and subsequent legal proceedings forced them to move venues and claimed that ultimately they ran out of time.

“The timing meant we had few choices where our artists would be able to perform. We worked hard to find a way to produce a proper tribute – and some great artists came aboard over the last week to support Woodstock 50 – but time simply ran short,” he said.

Michael Lang, one of the original producers of the 1969 event, added that it had become impossible to carry out the original plan.

Sad to see, but I guess it's not too surprising, given all the problems they've had :( .

I guess it's a good thing the tickets never went on sale, so at least they don't have to worry about refunds!
That's really sad. I'm not that surprised, but it's sad.
Damn. Could have been Fyre 2.0 in a better reality. :P
Awww, that's a pity.