The Coffee House

Full Version: Premier League 2019-2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
There is only 25 more days to go until the start of the new Premier League season.

This thread is for discussing  anything related to this season's Premier League.

I'm a Norwich City fan. I'm looking forward to seeing us play in the Premier League.
Wow, we're coming around to that time again :O ?

I'd like to see whether anyone can break the recent Chelsea / Man City dominance, since those two teams have won five of the last six (with Leicester City, of course, winning the sixth :P ). Liverpool came very close last season - so, can they go one better?
Surely, it's Spurs year? Ok. I can always hope.
(07-16-2019, 06:45 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, we're coming around to that time again :O ?

I'd like to see whether anyone can break the recent Chelsea / Man City dominance, since those two teams have won five of the last six (with Leicester City, of course, winning the sixth :P ). Liverpool came very close last season - so, can they go one better?

Liverpool might be able to go one better, as long as their key players like Salah, Mane and Firmino all stay in good form and don't get injured.
As a Stoke City fan, I have very little vested interest in the Premier League at the moment. :P 

Would like to see Tottenham win it for their continued focus on youth and their use of a number of English players, but I honestly think the two horse race we had last year between Man City and Liverpool will repeat itself.
Yeah, I'd like to see Tottenham having a good run at the trophy - if nothing else, because they've consistently been there or thereabouts in recent years without actually winning it :P .

I guess we'll have to wait and see, though.
Well, Norwich would have been hoping for a victory to mark their return to the Premier League. Sadly for them, it was not to be - as they lost 4-1 to Liverpool:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49201578

Still, it shows that Liverpool are once again aiming to be major Championship contenders!
Well, here's a shocker :O :

Norwich City 3 - 2 Manchester City

Considering how Norwich City only just got promoted, and Manchester City are the defending champions, this would have been a long shot to begin with - but, on top of this, the Canaries have had injury problems lately. Congrats to them on overcoming all of this, and becoming the first team to defeat Manchester City in the Premier League since January!!!
(09-14-2019, 07:42 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]Well, here's a shocker :O :

Norwich City 3 - 2 Manchester City

Considering how Norwich City only just got promoted, and Manchester City are the defending champions, this would have been a long shot to begin with - but, on top of this, the Canaries have had injury problems lately. Congrats to them on overcoming all of this, and becoming the first team to defeat Manchester City in the Premier League since January!!!
That was an awesome match. Norwich defended so well; everyone was brilliant in that match. Ibrahim Amadou had a brilliant Norwich City debut. And Teemu Pukki carried on his brilliant recent form. And Emi Buendia is now back to his best, his work rate was fantastic.
This was a shock result, especially since we have so many players currently out injured. This is probably one of our best Premier League performances ever.
Well, here's a pretty spectacular scoreline:

Manchester City 8 - 0 Watford

That's an even heavier defeat than their 6-0 clobbering of Watford in the FA Cup final :O !

Congrats to Man City, and better luck next time to Watford :P ? I hope their fans had a good time anyway :) .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9