The Coffee House

Full Version: Favourite taco shells?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tacos can be made with a variety of different types of shell. The tortillas can be either soft or hard, and the soft ones can be either corn or flour (the hard ones only ever seem to be corn: I never encounter hard flour tortillas, but perhaps there are some out there :P ).

Myself, I used to like the hard ones, but in my experience, they seem to be quite brittle: they like to crack and make a mess :( . The soft ones, on the other hand, don't have this problem: I tend to find that they're much less messy. Between corn and flour, my general preference is for flour, but this depends a bit on my mood.

What about you?
Flour tortillas are my favourite. Can't stand the way certain corn tortillas taste.
You can make Flour shells hard you self, just ask my mom <_< (hint at lease her unintentional method involves either burning them, or letting them dry out). But there seems to be legit ways to do it.

As for my self, I think I like hard shells better but for some reason if I am eating somewhere normally get soft shells.

But there is another type! There is a local family owned mexician chain in my area, that makes puffy taco shells. Its kind of a mix between hard and soft, where it has has shape and structural integrity (well it also holds together better then some hard shells after you bit in to them), but is softer then a hard shell.
(04-19-2019, 01:31 PM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote: [ -> ]Flour tortillas are my favourite. Can't stand the way certain corn tortillas taste.

This. I also don't like the flavor of corn tortillas. However, I'll make an exception when they are deep fried. :P
(04-19-2019, 01:31 PM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote: [ -> ]Flour tortillas are my favourite. Can't stand the way certain corn tortillas taste.

Took the words right off my mouth!

Stupid Yankees, always stealing my things ;D
I like corn more, but corn can be more of a PITA (assuming soft) to make with out breaking <_<.

But it seems Im the weird-o here
Fuzzy's Tacos makes some really good hard-shell corn tortillas. They're delcious!
(04-19-2019, 01:33 PM)Lurker101 Wrote: [ -> ]But there is another type! There is a local family owned mexician chain in my area, that makes puffy taco shells. Its kind of a mix between hard and soft, where it has has shape and structural integrity (well it also holds together better then some hard shells after you bit in to them), but is softer then a hard shell.
Sounds interesting, but it's not something I've ever seen over here in the UK. Perhaps someone should start :P .

(04-20-2019, 12:32 AM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote: [ -> ]Fuzzy's Tacos makes some really good hard-shell corn tortillas. They're delcious!
Yeah, I'll admit, I think the hard-shell corn tortillas taste better. I just don't think they're as practical :P !
I like corn hard shell tacos the most, but I also like to eat soft flour shells every once in a while.