The Coffee House

Full Version: Wrestlemania Magic: Book One: Courtship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are the last 42 chapters I started on the old board, which I finished late last year and I am currently working on book two, but here I will post the remainder of chapters from book one before I share with you guys, book two.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_coff...8-s80.html
^_^

Chapter 43
The house greets me as we roll up the driveway, through the iron gates and into the sensor driven garage. As we pull into the garage, I’m abruptly disturbed by the mountain of furniture that sits before me. Chairs are stacked on tables, tables are wrapped in what looked like bed sheets; are those from one of the bedrooms, I wondered. I daren’t question they’re use of a good bedspread; I just wanted to get indoors and see how that orangery was going.

Stepping into the white marbled floored walkway and that ever so grand staircase a little person runs towards me and wraps their arms around my legs; the vice like grip feels as though my blood is being cut off by the thighs. I look down at her little face beaming back at me as Randy drops my luggage at the bottom of the stairs.

“I missed you Bell, where’d you go?!” Alanna asks softly.

“I went on a little holiday sweetie” I smile as I kneel down to her eye level and she hugs me tightly around my shoulders. “But, I did get you something” I smile as I take out a little necklace from my pocket with little beads on it.

“Thank you” She smiles as she lets go of me and heads into the living room with it.

“You’re very welcome” I smile as I rise to my feet and head into the kitchen.

“Sam’s coming for her in an hour; Alanna wanted to stay until you got home, she was adamant. Gene’s making dinner tonight his treat,” Randy smiles.

“There’s my girl! How was Puerto Rico?” Gene beams as he walks into the room.

“Amazing, the sightseeing was outstanding and the weather was perfect. Warm temperatures all week; but, I’m glad to be home.” I smile. “Anyway, what’s this I hear of you cutting back your work or something?” I begin.

“OK, about that. I’m thinking of cutting back to one house show and just TV tapings in the future. I want to talk to Paul about it and see what he suggests.” Randy replies.

“I hope this is nothing to do with me?” I reply, as Gene makes the coffee’s, shuffling out of the room whilst we talked things over.

“No, of course not, but I want a more balanced home life than I have a present. I want to spend more time with you than I do at the moment. I am on the road more than I am home and if things between us were to progress and things in the future happen, I’d want to be here to watch them change” Randy explains.

“When you say, things in the future, are you referring to the sound of pitter-pattering little Orton feet?” I ask.

“Maybe,” He smiles softly. We [i]were [/i] both looking to the future, this is promising...

“If we were to have children, I don’t plan it to happen just yet. I have my business venture to open and my career to think of... Which reminds me, I need to call Michael sometime before Roadblock, I need to have a conference meeting with him...” I reply, going off track temporarily.

“What about Michael?” Randy asks. Now who’s asking the questions...

“I’m declining his NFL and MLB articles. I’ve decided, I need to cut down my work and not take on so much. I’m still doing my Pay per View articles, but that will be all I’ll be doing. Being on holiday made me realise, I need to put myself and my health before work, money; I make OK money on just those articles, I don’t need to do the other stuff. I can make ends meet with just that. Besides, when I open up my business, properly, I’ll be renting out. Carriageway West in St Paul was finalised on Thursday.” I smile.

“You’ve bought a property?!” Gene asks.

“Yes, the lease was finalised when I was away” I smile. “Randy bought it for me, he said, it was an early anniversary present” I smile. “I plan on a few more places, eventually.” I continue.

“What can I say, I’ll do anything for my woman” Randy winks at Gene.

“Are you going to be doing it up before you rent it out?” Gene asks.

“It doesn’t need too much, but I plan to give it a lick of paint and new carpets; but other than that, I don’t think it needs anything else” I explain. “I’m going to be painting it and carpeting it myself; saves money. My mother will show me how to re-carpet and wallpaper. I’m thinking of taking a night course in painting and decorating, so I can do this type of thing, properly” I smile.

“Wow, talk about a jack of all trades!” Gene beams. “Good for you girl, you’ll have your hands in all sorts of things, come opening day” He laughs.

“I like to be self-sufficient, so I don’t have to rely on Rob all the time and they can get on with the bigger jobs I ask of them.” I explain.

“She’s a busy little beaver, I’ll give her that” Randy smiles. “I am so proud of you baby; you’re such a hard worker and I admire you for that. If you want to do a painting and decorating course at college, I’ll pay for it” He smiles.

“Oh bless you babe, thank you so much!” I beam.

“Columbia College in St Louis might do night paint and decorating courses. It’s only half an hour from here; it’s not far. I’ll look into it when I head out the airport for you tomorrow.” Randy smiles.

“No that’s OK babe; I’ll pop in tomorrow morning and enquire myself.” I smile. “They might have a part time course a few days a week, if no night courses. So long as it’s not weekends, I need to keep my weekends free, for Pay per Views.” I explain.

“I’ll come into town with you; I could do with the ride out” Gene smiles.

“Who’s watching the workmen, because I leave for Michigan in the morning, so I won’t be here” Randy asks.

“Oh. I forgot about that!” Gene replies. “I’ll pop out on my own when you get back, I’ll watch the workmen” Gene smiles.

“I’ll drop you at the airport on my way to the College. Then I’ll pick up lunch and head back here and Gene, you can pop out and take all the time in the world, walking around. I’ll be in all day; I don’t have any plans for the day. I’m going to work on my spreadsheet for Rob and do a few bits around the house before Roadblock next weekend.” I smile.

“Are we road tripping to Roadblock?” Gene asks.

“If you want to; it might be my last one though...” I reply.

“Oh whys that?” Gene asks.

“I’m thinking or cancelling the road trip articles too; they’re not selling... People are only interested in the Pay per View’s and with this new venture, I need to be home to let the workmen in during the week.” I explain.

“Makes sense” Gene smiles.

“Sorry babe, I know you loved it when we did them, but I need to think of my business venture and my future. You can fly out to pay per views with me, if you wish” I smile.

“That could be fun too. Don’t worry about me sweetie, I understand, you have nothing to apologise for” He smiles softly, handing me my coffee.

“Oh it’s so nice to be home. But that holiday, was just what I needed” I smile as I sit at the breakfast island in the kitchen.

“I’ll take your bags up on my way for a shower,” Randy smiles, kissing me softly on the cheek before disappearing up the staircase.
The next day I stand by the front door as I wait for Randy to appear at the top of the stairs, clutching his holdall. Today was the day we’d part ways again for a few days as he heads to Michigan for a TV taping and a house show. I hate these moments, but I am hoping he will be back home Wednesday sometime. I could get used to this; dropping Randy at the airport, it’ll be nice to see him off.

“Let me know how you get on at the College sweet” Gene smiles as I pick up my keys from the bowl by the front door. “Have a safe trip Randy, see you Wednesday, hopefully” Gene smiles as Randy throws his holdall over his shoulder and I open the door, stepping aside to let him out.

“See you Wednesday, Gene” Randy shouts back. “Look after my girl, or we’ll be having words when I get back” Randy smiles and Gene laughs.

“I am standing right here.” I laugh. “See you later babe, workmen will be here at nine.” I smile as I leave the house, closing the door behind me.

“We should pick up and drop each other more often; it’s nice to have you to myself for half an hour” Randy smiles.

“I’m more than happy to pick you up and drop you off” I smile. “What time’s your flight?” I ask.

“Nine forty-five; plan departs at ten” Randy explains as we reverse out of the garage and drive out of the gates and on towards Lambert-St Louis International.

“I’ll text or call you when I land.” Randy explains. “I should be in Minnesota by twelve o’clock.” He smiles.

“It’s a wonder they don’t do non-stop flights to every state, layovers are annoying; I could be doing something better with my time than sitting in an airport terminal waiting for my connecting flight; I had to do it to Puerto Rico” I explain.

“I don’t mind them too much, it gives me time to stretch my legs and get some food” He replies.
[center]___________________________________________________________[/center]
Dropping Randy at the airport, I make my way to Columbia College in St Louis to enquire about possible paint and decorating courses.

The College campus is huge and I feel like I’m back in College, studying for my Journalism degree; that whole course from leaving school to finishing up in University, took me a total of five years to complete, but it’s the best thing I ever did.
The car-park is huge; I can tell this place is going to be even bigger than it looks. The reception area is small, but the office behind the glass is huge, I can see at least four people, sitting at their desks, working away like beavers. Ringing the bell on the wall a tall stocky looking fellow walks towards the glass and smiles back at me as I lean onto the countertop.

“Can I help you?” He asks looking at me all bright and cheery. He seems nice.

“Yes, it’s just an enquiry really... I was wondering if you had full or part time courses here for Paint and Decorating. I’m looking for week day courses only as I have other commitments at weekends. I need something, if you do them, for Tuesday to Thursday really; I’m away or busy a lot at weekends and need days either side of the weekend for making my way to and from places.” I smile.

“We only do Monday – Friday courses or weekends here; there’s no Tuesday – Thursdays going here at the moment. How often are you away at weekends?” He asks.

“At the moment, just once a month; but that will be changing to twice a month, come the summer” I explain.

“We have a five week course, Monday – Friday here with still a few places available for April, if that’s any good?” He smiles. “I’ll give you the course leaflet and a contact number and you can go away and think about it and either pop back in, or give us a call and we’ll go from there” He smiles.

“The five week course, how much would it cost, if I were to pay upfront when I call?” I ask.

“You’re looking at let me have a look...” He replies, looking it up on the computer, “Around $2260, give or take,” He explains. “It’s a tad steep, but this course is very intensive and will give you everything you need to know” He smiles.

“Give me a little time to think about it and I’ll be in touch” I smile, taking the leaflet. “Thank you” I smile.

“You’re welcome, have a good day!” He smiles.

I sit in the car, contemplating the course, the price and the timeframe the course will take. Five weeks in April could be doable. A flight to Texas will have me back in time to start the course, it says, on Monday, 11th April.

Payback isn’t until May 1st, so I’ll have two weeks of College before I have to fly out to Illinois, Saturday afternoon and back to St Louis for College Monday morning. That’s going to wreck my sleep pattern; unless I fly back after Payback, to be home and in bed by 2am, to be up and in College by 11am Monday morning.

The course duration is 11am – 6pm, with one hour for lunch from 1pm – 2pm and another break from 4:30pm – 5pm. Man, all these break times and such will confuse me to begin with. It’s going to be like being back at school. They weren’t such good times; I preferred the years of College and University than school.
[center]__________________________________________________[/center]
Back at home, I load the dishwasher, load up the washing machine and head into my office upstairs. I’ll be moving locations when the orangery is done; so my desk and all my belongings I need for AED will have to relocate with me, downstairs. I can’t wait to move locations; being able to look out into the garden will be so amazing; watching the birds come and go as I work will be so relaxing. Which reminds me; I must get a bird feeder and bath for the garden, ready for when winter comes back around.

As I get ready to work, I hear a crash from downstairs and profanity fly through the house; thank goodness Alanna isn’t here! I rush back down the stairs, to find Rob cradling his hand; blood on the floor.

“What happened?” I ask, confused.

“Sorry Bell, I didn’t mean to swear, I cut my hand on the edge of the jigsaw.” He winces.

“That’s going to take more than a plaster; you need to stem the bleeding and bandage it up. Here, let me get my first aid kit; we have one in the kitchen” I smile as I run to the draw and pull out my first aid box. “Paper towel, use that to apply pressure and hold your hand upwards, not downwards, or the blood won’t stop pumping.” I explain. “I took a first aid course in College when I was studying for my journalism degree” I smile.

“Bell, is there anything you don’t know about?” Rob smiles as bandage up his wound and give him some asprin.

“I thought first aid would come in useful in life; now I am glad I did” I laugh.

“Yeah, we’re both a pair of clumsy klutzes.” Stu replies.

“Oh great, two men who don’t watch what they’re doing... nice” I reply sarcastically.

“Your average everyday man then...” Rob laughs.

“Mind you, Gene and Randy can’t wrap up furniture for nothing. I found the furniture from in here, in the garage, wrapped in bed sheets; who does that?!” I ask.

“Me” Rob laughs.

“That figures” I laugh.

“Thanks for your help Bell,” Rob smiles

“That’s OK, Mr Bump” I reply. As I go back to my office and back to work, I hear Rob laughing. That’s tick. d him right up!
[center]_____________________________________________________________[/center]
That night, I sit down with Gene to watch Monday Night RAW, with our dinner on lap trays. Tonight’s dinner was homemade Chicken and Mushroom Pie with chips and peas. I’m getting used to this homemade food making malarkey; it’s not that bad, Gene likes it and there’s no harm in making things from scratch; I’m definitely becoming domesticated.

When the motherhood years come, I’ll be well adjusted and well practiced; I just hope my kids will like it as much as Gene does. Tomorrow, I am going to have a go at making some delicious cakes, cookies, brownies and cakes. I want to get some more baking practice in while I have the time and I’m home; Gene can be my Guinea Pig.

I don’t mind cooking so much now, in fact, I’m starting to enjoy it, really enjoy it. If I like it now, goodness knows what I’ll be like in a few years; I’ll be baking every weekend! I’ll have to devote weekend to cooking with Randy and the kids and having ‘Uncle Gene’, taste testing them; he’ll be as big as a house by the time they’re finished with him!

I never really baked with my parents as a kid, but I wasn’t much of a cook or a baker back then; the thought of standing over a stove seemed boring. But now, being all grown up; almost, I feel different about it and I want my kids to be involved in cooking and baking with me. I want to start them early, like my parents should have done with me. I want them to have what I never had and I want to teach them that cooking and baking, can be and is, fun!
[center]___________________________________________________________[/center]
In Minneapolis, Minnesota,

“If you work with me, now up until Wrestlemania, I’ll have a word with Steph and Shane and we’ll see what arrangement we can all come up with for you come the brand extension in July.” Paul explains.

“OK I can do that, thanks Paul!” I smile as I go to my changing room, ready to compete later in the night.

“Don’t mention it, Randy” Paul shouts back as he saunters off in his suit towards the executive office of the WWE; home to Mr McMahon.

“Randy, just the person I wanted” Rene smiles. “I’ve had a word with some people in the back office and they’re going to look into her resume and her past works and they’ll get back to me,” Rene smiles. “They should have an answer for me come the end of March, just before Wrestlemania” She continues.

“Oh Rene, you’re a star, Bell will be so pleased if they give the green light” I smile.

“I’d love to work alongside her; it’ll be great for her to boost her resume and get some other kinds of work under her belt. Which reminds me, how’s her new business going, is it ready yet?” Rene asks.

“Official opening is August 1st, I believe. You’d have to have to ask Bell about the details of everything; I have no idea about that aspect of things... Look, I best get on, I have a match tonight to prepare for” I smile.

“No worries Randy; I’ll see you later” She smiles and we part ways.

I stand on the walkway, with my music behind me, as the crowd holler and cheer and a camera man stands before me. My adrenaline is pumping as I think about all the fans all around the world watch as I, as bold as brass, strut towards the ring all confident and menacing like the madman I once was; my facial expression is of assurance and no cares, whereas, deep down, I am a little unsure of what’s to come.

Bray Wyatt stares across the ring at me as Luke Harper, Eric Rowan and Braun Stroman look back at me, like they’re about the rip me apart, limb from limb. I look back at them as if to say, I’m not scared of any of you. The bell rings and we’re off. I don’t remember much after the first few knocks and blows, but I come to, on my back as the world around me spins. My body feels heavy and lifeless as I begin to sit up.

The crowd is booing and jeering as I try to comprehend what just happened. One minute I was up and on my feet, and the next thing I know, I’m staring up at the rigging, with a referee looking down at me, repeating my name as my eyes open and my body relaxes. I think I was KO’d for a few seconds; I really don’t remember hitting the floor, but I must have done. God, my heads pounding...

I sit here, wide-eyed and open mouthed as I watch Randy’s lifeless body hit the mat. I’m in shock. One bear hug like squeeze around his torso from Stroman and he’s out for the count. I watch on with fear in my eyes as his lifeless body lies there, motionless for what feels like an eternity, when he suddenly moves and comes to an upright position on the mat.

My heart was in my mouth as he hit the floor with a thud. My whole being feels sadness and fear as I just witness, on live TV, him being rendered unconscious for at least sixty seconds, god that was scary; I’d hate to feel or experience anything like that. I hate when he gets into those types of matches, but I know that’s his job and it’s what he’s paid to do.

“That was one heck of a thud as he hit the mat” Gene replies as they replay the moment. His body becomes lifeless and like a rag doll, he’s tossed to one side and hits the floor with a boom, his head snapping back as it bounces off the mat.

It repeats twice and each time, I feel myself becoming nauseated. The slow motion doesn’t help me as I watch, with a wince as his body bounces before coming to rest by the edge of the ring, by the apron. “Do they have to keep showing that, it’s making me feel uncomfortable” I reply as I leave the room to compose myself.

“It’s gone off now” Gene shouts as I stand in the kitchen, thinking about Randy and if he was OK. I haven’t seen him get pulverised like that in a long time, not much can knock him out, but it seems Braun can. That was horrible to watch, I hate it when they get knocked out, I know it can be dangerous.

I don’t think I have ever seen RKO TKO’d yet, but it’s bound to happen, if it hasn’t already that I know, or in some cases, do not know of. To be honest, I’d rather not know. For me, the not knowing is better than knowing; I’d only worry. Now I just have to wait and see if I hear from him, he’ll know I’ve watched it, I watch both shows, every week. I don’t get to watch them live I still record them and catch up.

I walk back into the living room as the show ends and I can drink my water without fear or spilling it, dropping it or knocking it over. It’s coming up to five past ten in the evening and I am just about ready for my bed, but I know I won’t sleep unless I hear from him or have an update from someone. I have never been able to sleep with a mind full of worry and the unknown.
In Minnesota,

I’m taken to the medical treatment room so that the doctors can run tests on me and check me over but all I can think of is what Bell must be thinking watching me get knocked out like that; she’ll be so worried, I have to call or text her soon. I sit perched on the end of the bed type contraption and I feel a sudden twinge of pain in my shoulder... No, it can’t tear on me, not again...

“Shoulder seems a little bruised... Any pain” He asks and I nod as feel a sense of fear wash over me. Have I torn my rotator cuff, again? I can’t have another several weeks off; I have Roadblock and Wrestlemania to prepare for... I’m facing Triple H in the main event; I can’t be sidelined, not again.

“Let’s send you down for an X-ray, just to be on the safe side, but I think it’s just muscle spasms and bruising, you should be OK in a week or two, but you’ll struggle to wrestle with it in the next few days, so there’s no SmackDown for you tomorrow night” He explains.

“I can deal with that, it’s the shoulder pain I’m worried about” I reply getting angry.

“I know, so let’s get you checked off at the hospital” He smiles.

I stand topless behind this x-ray machine as they x-ray my shoulder and the area I had my surgery just seven months ago. I’m worried at this stage, will it be lights out for me at Wrestlemania or hallelujah, I can compete... I hate the not knowing....

“Mr Orton, the shoulder is fine, there’s no substantial trauma or damage to your rotator cuff or shoulder joint, that’s still all in place. Your muscles, under x-ray seem inflamed, but that should go down in a week or so” The radiologist explains as I pop my top back on; with great pain each time I raise my arm above my head. “Anti-inflammatory and pain relief should do the trick” He smiles and sends me on my way.

I walk outside the hospital and into the car park and the first thing I have to do, is call Bell and reassure her and let her know, I’ll be home a day early.
[b]In Missouri

I lie in bed, as thoughts of the worst scenario whiz through my head. His neck snapping back has me wincing every time I close my eyes and see it. His whole lifeless body being tossed across the ring makes my heart sink every time I think about it and what he must be thinking and feeling. Staring up at the ceiling as tears fill my eyes, my mobile phone rings... [b]
[b]Randy Calling... [/b] flashes up on my screen and I answer it as quick as I can.

“I am OK baby, just a little battered and bruised, but I have no major injuries, just a little bit or shoulder pain, whiplash and a tremendous headache, but I’m OK. I’m being sent home to rest for the week; no SmackDown for me after all, so I’ll be home in a few hours. Don’t wait up for me, go to sleep babe, I’ll be home when you wake up” He reassures me.

“Oh babe, I am so glad to hear from you, I was so worried” I reply.

“I know baby. I would have called you sooner, but they sent me to the hospital to be checked over as I was complaining of shoulder pain, but it’s all OK. Just muscular spasms and bruising, it’ll go down in a few days” He explains and my body relaxes, knowing he’s OK.

“I can’t wait to have you back home baby, I miss you” I reply as I feel a tear catch in my throat.

“Baby, please don’t cry, I’m OK” He replies softly. “I know you’re getting upset now, so I’ll let you go to sleep and we’ll talk in the morning. I’m OK baby, I promise. I love you so much” He continues.
I wake the next morning in a huge bed, all by myself, not even a sign was showing Randy had made it home when I hear the bedroom door open and Randy’s head peers around the door, clutching a cup of coffee in my favourite mug.

“Morning baby” He whispers as he closes the door behind him.

I wait for him to put my cup down before I jump into his arms on the bed and he laughs softly as I bury my head into his chest. “I was worried you hadn’t made it home” I whisper as I feel him kiss the top of my head softly.

“I would never miss a morning with you, if I could help it” He whispers. “I have the rest of the week off, what do you say me, you and Gene head out for lunch this afternoon” He smiles. “My treat” He smiles.

“We’d love to” I smile.

“I have one favour to ask before that though” Randy asks.

“Anything babe, you name it” I smiles as I waits for him to answer.

“Can we get a weekend away together after Roadblock? I’d like to spend some alone time with you” Randy smiles. “Gene’s away for a week after Roadblock, sorting stuff out at his house in Illinois” He smiles.

“That sounds amazing that would be so lovely if you can find somewhere” I smile.

“Awesome, I think I know just the place,” He smiles kissing me softly on the lips before he leaves the room and leaving me to get changed. [/b][/b]
Yay, great to see this starting up again :D !

That sounded like a nasty knockout for Randy - although, I'm glad he seems to have come out of it okay - and the house seems to be going well too :)

I'll look forward to seeing what happens in this next holiday!
Chapter 44
The cars packed up for my last ever road trip. Missouri to Toronto, here I come! This last road trip is a bitter sweet one for me. From this day forward, I’ll be heading to my pay per view projects, by air. I don’t have the time to drive to and from states, twice a month and get home in time to do my work with my business venture, it’s just not feasible and not to mention, tiring!

The sights I’ve seen on the road, I’ll miss. The conversations and stopping point between border lines, I’ll cherish forever more. The sunrises in the mornings as we set out for our next stop, the sunsets we see as we reach landmarks and motels will be something I’ll forever think back on. As much as these road trips have been tiring, for both Gene and I, they’ve been an absolute blast. So many memories I have, so much information from things I’ll take away and my love for the open road will forever keep me free.

My next adventure may take me to new and exciting heights as I expand my empire, have homes in multiple states and have enough money to keep me afloat will be more than enough for me. I’ve never been a greedy person, when it comes to money, but being able to live day to day and keep my debts down will suit me just fine. A-Listers Estate and Developers opens its doors, officially in August. I have five months left to have my first property redeveloped and ready to rent out.

29 Carriageway West in St Peter’s, Missouri will be, I hope, ready for new tenants, I plan, by August 1st. I’ve stripped the walls, ripped up the carpets in all the rooms and sanded down the windowsills and door frames ready for a lick of paint and a varnish when I return from Toronto next week. College is going well and the course is so informative and useful. I should be fully qualified by the end of March, I hope. Doing the work myself is saving me so much money in paint and decorators.

I love to be able to get stuck in and do all these types of jobs, myself. I’m a person who strives to better myself, to try my hand at new things and have my hand in a lot of pies, so to speak. I want to be a landlord people can rely on for a good quality product and not a half assed, ‘don’t care, I just want the money’ mentality. That’s not me, it never was and it never ever will be.

I know what it’s like to live under the roof of a landlord who couldn’t give a monkey’s uncle about their tenants; but pushes and demands you pay your rent on time; even if the standards they live under, don’t even meet the standards set out in your tenancy agreement. Pushing to have your worries and demands fall on deaf ears and then being given the heave ho, just because you missed a payment which you refused to pay due to the lack of care and consideration from your ‘so called’ landlord and his poor values.

Treat people as you would like to be treated has been instilled in me since I was a youngster, to respect your elders; and watch your mouth around others. To look after the people around you and give to them, what they give to you. If you give me rubbish, I’ll give it back, if you give me kindness I’ll repay in such. Treat me as I treat you, or so help you god. I am by no means a tyrant, but I am firm and I’ll stand my ground and stand up for what I feel is right.

“Come on Gene, I want to get going, I’ll be dark at this rate!” I shout to Gene who is doing god knows what in the kitchen as I stand here, keys in hand by the door, arms folded like a cross mother and rolling my eyes at his butt not being in that car where it should have been, five minutes ago.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” He replies as I hear him scurrying around the kitchen as he comes into view clutching a pile of sandwiches, four bottles of water, a packet of potato chips and a Tupperware box of what looks like, my left over home-made Belgian chocolate brownies... He’s such a pig!

“Seriously... Never mind, just get in the car, we’re running late!” I reply, ushering him out the door like a sheep dog before I lock up the house and run to the car. We’ve not even left the driveway yet and already he’s scoffing on the brownies! “Do you ever stop eating?” I ask as we drive out of the gates and down the road.

“I’m a growing man!” He laughs, spitting chocolate chips all over the leather interior of the car. “Outwards, not upwards” He laughs again as I glance over at him looking around for a tissues to wipe his fingers on.

“You are such a child!” I reply, handing him a napkin from my door pocket. “It’s clean before you say anything and don’t you dare get sticky finger marks on my leather upholstery!” I reply, rolling my eyes.

“Yes mother, I won’t mother” He replies. I watch on as he puts the napkin in his pocket. “When you’ve finished having a moan, would you like a drink?” He asks as we stop at a set of traffic lights. “This is our last road trip together girl, let’s make it the best one yet” He smiles and I feel my inner tension on the trip ahead, fading away and my body relaxes.

“Sorry, I just want this last road trip to be perfect. We might not have many chances like this in the future... It’s sad, really” I sigh.

“Cheer up sweet; we’ll make new, better memories when AED starts up. You know this old sod’s got your back and your interests at heart; I know you’ll do just fine. In fact, I think you’ll do brilliantly.” He smiles, handing me a bottle of water.

“I know you do babe and thanks, I hope so!” I smile. “Just so much is still left to do. The contract with Rob needs signing, the property in St Peter’s needs some TLC and I still have so many ideas for the house.” I explain.

“Let’s get Roadblock out of the way and then we’ll worry about those things later.” He smiles; he’s always known how to calm me down and reassure me, he’s good like that. On the surface I’m calm, but below, I’m paddling furiously.

In Toronto, with Randy,

The Ricoh Coliseum and its architectural prowess greet me, as I stand here on the corner of Manitoba Drive and look around me. Donned in a baseball cap, sweatshirt, body warmer and tracksuit bottoms, the sun beams down on the building. My first port of call is the GYM before a meal in a nearby restaurant with Joe, Jon and Rene for lunch.
I must get on, I have a few other things to do while I’m here; meet and greets are this afternoon too before the Pay Per View on Sunday, then I have to fly onto Manitoba on Monday night, for the TV taping of Smackdown.

This brand expansion can’t come soon enough; all this to and fro is driving me insane. The dual brand work is wearing me out. Soon, I’ll just be doing one show a week and Pay per Views, that’ll make my home life easier. I feel sorry for Bell; now I am starting to get a feel for what she goes through with her work. Man, I don’t envy any journalist who does the amount of work she does; she works too hard sometimes.

I am on the road two hundred days a year so I know how it feels to constantly be on the road and missing family and my home comforts. It’s not easy being in the professions we’re both in, but we make it work, we’re destined to be together, I know that now. I want a future with her and I’ll make it happen, soon...

We cross the state line into Illinois as the sun beams down on the gleaming paintwork of my car; my pride and joy. We still have many miles to cover but I plan a night stop, with Gene, in Fort Wayne, Indiana before we continue on in the morning. I want to try and take a stop in Detroit and visit the Detroit Tigers merchandise store to purchase some new gear, ready for our first game against St Louis Cardinals; my first MLB game of the season, before I fly out, with Gene and Randy, to Arlington, Texas, for Wrestlemania.

Just as we reach the state line for Illinois, we hit a traffic jam. It’s backed up all the way from the Lincoln turn off; we could be here awhile... traffic reports have been flooding in since we left about incident after incident on Interstate 55 all the way up. Just my luck, I’ll be late getting into Indiana and it’ll be dark. Then I won’t get to visit the store because of traffic and we’ll have to leave double early to get into Toronto by nightfall on Saturday. This is the side of road trips, I hate; the delays and hold ups!

“Let’s stop at the next roadside diner and grab some lunch,” Gene smiles.

“You’ve eaten most of the brownie’s, half the sandwiches and yet you’re still wanting to stop for food? You’re unbelievable...” I reply, rolling my eyes. “Mind you, I could do with a coffee and a switch over” I reply.

“See, I’m not the only one!” He smiles.

“Yeah, but the difference is, I don’t need to eat, I’m not a pig!” I laugh.

“OK, I get the hint, you don’t need to tell me anymore... I love my food!” He laughs.

“Not quite what I was thinking...” I chuckle.

“Seriously, we need to stop soon, my bum is going numb here, all this sitting down is making me feel sleepy” Gene replies.

“As soon as I can get to the next rest stop, we will get out, I promise.” I smile as we inch forward before coming to a standstill again. The pickup truck behind is so close to my rear bumper, he should be able to read the washing instructions on my jacket... back off bozo!

“I hate traffic jams!” Gene moans. “What’s the hold up?” He demands. “Come on, I need to pee!” Gene shouts and I burst into a fit of giggles.

“Sorry, was that out loud?” Gene laughs. “I could walk to the next rest stop and be on my way back before we start to move” He replies,

“Maybe you could take a stroll up the interstate and see how far we are from the next stop and see if you can find the cause if the holdup” I ask.

“That’s an idea, I’ll go do that, don’t move!” Gene smiles,

“Not as if I can get very far at this point in time” I shout after him as he closes the car door and wanders up the hard shoulder, stepping onto the grass verge and along the embankment as I watch on as he slightly slips on the sodden ground and I find myself giggling at his expense. I watch as he waves frantically at me as the traffic moves forward. I stop where he stands and he clambers back in.

“Crash further up, police have closed off this lane about two hundred yards up, you’ll have to merge into the lane beside you when you can” He smiles.

Checking my mirrors, I signal to manoeuvre out before that stupid pickup driver from behind me, closes the gap up a car had made for me just seconds earlier, idiot! As he edges forwards, I swing into the gap causing him to slam on the breaks and flash at me. “Cut me off will you? Two can play at that game!” I say to myself.

As we come to a standstill, yet again, my phone rings. Unknown flashes up. Signalling to Gene to put my phone on loudspeaker, he places it in my phone dock on the dashboard and plugs it on charge as a voice comes through the speakers.

“Ms Mae...” comes a voice I don’t recall.

“Speaking?” I reply,

“Hi, I’m ringing on behalf of Entertainment weekly, could you contact Michael as soon as you can, he needs to speak with you regarding a call he received this morning.” They explain.

“OK, tell him I’ll call him when I get to Fort Wayne.” I ask

“He’d like a word as soon as you can; it’s about your future with us. Can you call him as soon as you can,” They reply.

“Ok, I’ll do it when I stop, thank you!” I reply. “I wonder what he wants me for...” I wonder to myself.

Back in Toronto with Randy,

That’s my workout for the day done; now it’s time to head to my room, have a quick shower before I head down to the restaurant for lunch. I am fancying a nice steak and fries today before I head to the WWE Axxes, meet and greet with the fans and then it’s on to some downtime in the local watering hole with the gang before an early night and an early start in the morning.

Bell should get into Toronto by sometime after lunch tomorrow, I am reckoning, so that means, it’s dinner out with those two and a few drinks before I head back to my room and spend the evening with my girl before she works out her project Sunday morning, while I head down to the GYM for a quick one hour session and back for dinner with Bell and Gene before Roadblock.

I must get my workout in somewhere tomorrow before they get here, I’ll try and squeeze in an hour before I have to do some press and media stuff at lunchtime. I need to get all my work commitments done before I spend the evening with Bell tomorrow; I hate it when we don’t get chance to relax and chill out when we’re together.

I am either out and about with the WWE doing stuff, or she’s cramming in as much preparation as she can before bed. I can’t wait for when the brand split hits, I could do with some more time at home, really do miss it. As I sit here, thinking about tomorrow, my phone rings....

“You still on for out get together?” I hear Joe’s voice as I pick up my GYM bag and head back to the hotel.

“Yeah, just heading back now for a quick shower and I’ll be down” I reply calmly so not to arouse suspicion that I had almost forgotten. I better get a move on, or I’ll be late for lunch!

On the road with Bell

That rest stop was just what I needed and now that I knew what Michael wanted me for, I can relax a little too. Not only is this my last road trip with Gene, but it’s my last Pay per View with Entertainment Weekly... Come April, I’ll be working with the WWE... Michael has given his consent to let me go and work for them. My dream is now becoming a reality.

I now have to fly out to Stamford, CT for a job interview after Roadblock, WWE are paying for my flight... Talk about nerve racking, I am bricking myself... It’s been awhile since I’ve had a job interview. Wow, this feels so surreal... I could be becoming an employee of the WWE, this is madness!!

The door of Entertainment Weekly, I know, has been left a jar for me and I’m welcome back whenever I like. Michael will always have a job open for me should this work with the WWE fall through; should I get it, that is... I can’t wait to tell everyone... I am so excited!! Roll on April!!

My dream has always been, somehow, to work with the WWE in some way or another and now that it could be happening, I am so nervous and scared but at the same time, I am excited and I can’t wait. I have mixed emotions; I’ve worked with Michael for so many years and now that I am off to pastures new, I feel as sense of abandonment, on my part, to leave him and Entertainment Weekly.

I know he knows this is my dream and he’s never been one to stand between his employees and their dreams, so I know he’s happy for me to go. I’ll come back in a few months time and visit him in California and we’ll get together sometimes, for a catch up and a giggle. He wasn’t just a boss to me, he was a friend.

“Come on Bell, we still have miles to cover before sun down!” Gene shouts at me as he waits for me by the entrance to the ladies restroom. “Want me to do the next stint?” He asks.

“Yeah you can do, I could do with a rest. I’ll swap with you next time we stop, probably be Indianapolis. It’ll probably end up sooner, like Terre Haute, if we get stuck in traffic again...

“OK sweetie, I can do to Indianapolis,” Gene smiles.

“If we get stuck in traffic, I’ll swap with you before then” I explain.

“Ok then, it’s a deal” He replies.

At the Ricoh Coliseum WWE Axxes Event, with Randy;

A sit here in my signing booth as people and noise buzz about around me. The huge queue of fans waiting to meet me still takes my breath away. Even after so many years of being in the WWE, I still get Goosebumps and tingles when mothers tell me they fancy me, it’s bizarre really. A lot of these women are either twice my age, or half my age, but it’s nice to be appreciated I suppose.

A lot of kids like me, even as a heel, they stick by me. It’s weird to think they think all of these storylines and feuds, are real when, in reality, they’re not, but you just have to play along. There’s even a four month old baby girl in an RKO baby grow! Where’d she get that from?! Man, all these little kiddies and babies are making me miss my Bell and my little Alanna... Not really little anymore, mind.

“We love you Randy!” Girls shout as I look around at the sea of faces and smiles. “Do the pose!” Someone shouts and I laugh to myself. “Marry me, Randy” another one shouts and I blow a kiss and she squeals. Ha-ha, I love making the ladies go all funny on me, ‘cause when they get to me, they get all tongue tied. It’s pretty amusing.

As I look up from my table, a lady with her two young boys greet me, donned in RKO t-shirts and replica WWE belts, they look awesome. “What are your names, boys?!” I smile as they giggle through nerves at me.

“I am Ayden and he’s Aaron, we’re twins!” They giggle. “Are you going to be at Roadblock on Sunday night?” They ask so politely.

“Yes I am” I smile and they cheer. “Hey boys, you have a good day and enjoy Roadblock” I shout after them as they scurry off, with mum and baby in the buggy.

“My daughter loves you, she watches your matches all the time. She’s in hospital at the moment, having treatment, but she’s looking forward to Roadbloack,” A mother smiles as I sign a card and hand it back.

“That’s nice to know and tell her to get well soon, from me” I smile and her face brightens up as her smile beams from ear to ear at the thought of me sending my get well thoughts. I like making mum’s happy. I am a dad and I know what it means for someone else to offer there condolences and get well wishes.

As the day winds down, I am starting to feel tired and hungry again. As I stand up from my table to ready myself to leave, I hear a sea of fans shouting “POSE, POSE, POSE” at me and, as a good guy, I oblige. Standing in front of my table, I mock up a quick RKO pose and the room erupts as camera flashes and cheers boom around me.

Waving as I go, I am ushered out of the booth, as I catch Joe and Jon across the hall as we all head out the back to where the coaches are parked up. I am ready for my dinner, some downtime with the gang and an early night before I have to be up at 5am for my morning workout before my media day with the WWE.

In Fort Wayne, with Bell,

Finally, we make it to Fort Wayne, Indiana. Over ten hours on the road and three stops later, we make it to our overnight stop, The LeSalle Downtown Inn. Parking in the car park, I spot a leaflet left on a car window, about the hotel.

A 7-minute walk from the Grand Wayne Convention Centre, this upscale B&B in a pair of 19th-century houses is 0.8 miles from the Fort Wayne Museum of Art. 

The refined, individually decorated rooms feature free Wi-Fi, smart TVs and fireplaces, plus private or shared bathrooms. Upgraded rooms offer whirlpool tubs. Plush suites add full kitchens. Children are welcome in some rooms and suites.

Hot breakfast is served in-room or in a bright dining room. There's also a live jazz cabaret. Parking is complimentary

We grab our bags and head indoors. The quaint little reception area is cosy and clean, the desk is well presented and the lady behind it seems to have a cheery attitude, so far, so good.

“Good afternoon and welcome to The LeSalle Downtown Inn, may I take a name please?” The young lady smiles at me.

“Mae” I smile as she looks up my booking information on the computer as Gene looks over the Breakfast menu for the in the morning.

“Breakfast is served from 6am until 11am. Should you require breakfast in your room, please let us know and we’ll have it sent to you in the morning at the time you should choose” She smiles as she looks at Gene. “Ah yes, here we are. Two adults, twin room, one night, are these correct?” She smiles.

“Yes, that’s correct” I smile back.

“Excellent, here’s your room key, please feel free to contact reception at any time, should you require anything during your stay.” She smiles and we head to our room, just down the hall.

In Toronto with Randy,

“Where’s Bell?” Jon asks as they all sit around a huge table in the bar of the hotel.

“They’ve just made it to their overnight stop, in Fort Wayne.” Randy replies.

“She sure loves to road trip!” Joe smiles as he pops down all the glasses on the table.

“Cheers man! This will be her last road trip, so they’re making the most of it” Randy smiles. “Rene, any news on that thing I asked you about?” He asks and Rene signals a thumb up.

“They said they’d look into her resume and go from there. We’ve done our bit, now her fate lies in the hands of the bosses at WWE in Stamford,“ Rene explains. “I doubt I’ll hear any more... It’s not in our hands anymore, I sold her as much as I could, we’ll just have to wait and see now” She smiles.

“Would be awesome, if she joins us, someday” Jon smiles, “Never had her down as a diva” He continues.

“Oh no Jon, this is for a job in reporting, or presenting or interviewing, like me” Rene smiles.

“Oh I see, now I get it” Jon replies and Joe sniggers behind his pint. “Don’t know what you’re laughing at, admit it, you thought the same as me!” Jon smirks and Joe shakes his head... and the nods before he sips on his pint.

“She thought about being a diva when we first got together. Thinking on it now, I wouldn’t have wanted her in the professions we’re in, it’s too risky and way too dangerous.

“You did it...” Rene replies.

“Yeah, well I had two generations to push me into it. To be honest, my dad tried to stop me from taking on wrestling and thinking about it now, sometimes I wish I had taken his advice. But I’m a stubborn sort, so it would never have stuck and I’d of been wondering ‘what if’, so...” Randy replies.

“I still hate it when I am away for my baby girl. I’ve missed so many of her milestones as she’s grown up, you know, birthdays and what not,” Joe smiles.

“I must admit, being able to cut down my road time this year, will help” Randy begins as the guys look at him in sheer disbelieve. “Oh, have I not said? When the brand split hits, I’m cutting back my road time to TV shows and Pay per Views. Maybe the odd house show here and there too, but for the most part, you could say, I am going part time” Randy explains.

“What made you decide this?” Joe asks.

“To be honest, Bell. Over the last few months, since being with her, I have been thinking I want to spend more time at home” He explains. “I want to see more of Alanna, be home more with Bell and watch her thrive in her new business venture.

“He’s in settling down mode, I can tell” Rene smiles. “No, it’s nice it’s not a bad thing” She smiles. “I’d like to do that, one day” She smiles as she looks over at Jon who’s piling through a packet of peanuts and has no clue she aimed her last comment, at him.

“You know what? I think I am. I think I am ready to settle down now. I’m thirty six next month, I’m not a youngster any more” He smiles. “My years of rebelling and being rouge are behind me now and that’s all thanks to Bell. She’s shown me what ‘real love’ is and I like it” He smiles as he sips on his pint.

In Fort Wayne,

I lie here in my bed, looking up at the ceiling as Gene sleeps away in the other bed beside me. All I can think about is my future; my future possibly with the WWE and my future with Randall.

A year is approaching since Randall and I have been together and I want to do something for our anniversary, something special, and something memorable. Randall and I are off to our first baseball game together in April, a day in Detroit and a Tigers win, I hope!

Wait, what? Where’d Randall come from?! That’s Gene’s fault, he’s always calling him Randall when we talk about him now... It’s strange to think I’ve started calling him that too when I think about him... very strange.
This new WWE venture could be an exciting adventure for me; I just need to find some time to head home to Missouri, before I have to then fly out to Connecticut for this interview.

Unless, I ask Gene to drive, my car back, to Missouri and I fly out to Connecticut from Toronto... No, I can’t ask that of him, that’s way too much. I’ll drive home and fly out from Missouri, or I could fly out to Connecticut and then backto Toronto and then drive home... No still too far; maybe if I fly back to Indianapolis from Hartford and meet him there... That’ll work.

Hey baby. I know you’ll be in bed asleep now, but I just wanted to leave you a little note to tell you that I love you very much and that I cannot wait to see you tomorrow. When Roadblock and the brand expansion hits, I want you to know, I’m working with Paul, to have my schedule reduced. I plan to spend as much time with you, as I can between TV shows. I love you baby and I’ll see you tomorrow. Yours always X R X

Hey baby, I’m not asleep, I can’t stop thinking about you, he he xx I’m wide awake and I can’t sleep. Hope you’re OK, my viper. Missing you baby. Love you always. X B X

I’ll always be [i]your viper, baby! Try and get some sleep, you’ll regret it in the morning. Love you babe. X R X P.S, you’ll have me tomorrow!![/i]
Goodnight babe, sleep well X B X P.S, I can’t wait!

Roadblock passes like a rain shower and before I know it, the car is packed up again and we’re off, to Stamford, Connecticut.

Gene and I had decided we would road trip it, together, to Stamford for my interview. Gene wanted to be the first to know if I had got this new gig and, to be fair, he didn’t want me travelling all that way to Hartford and then catching a train and coach to Stamford, he wanted to be my company for the trip, so we agreed to drive there and spend time together.

It’s only eight hours from here; we should be there by nightfall. Besides, we can make a long haul road trip from Connecticut to Missouri. One last big road trip, for old time sake; Randall would meet us half way in Detroit and then take the reins from me or Gene, depending who was driving and drive home.

It’s been ages since we had all been in a car together, I was kind of looking forward to it. Now, all I have to do is get this new job and life will be sweet. A major pay rise, two shows a month, come July and time at home with Randall and Gene, win-win, in my book. Randall was going part time soon, and Gene was my AED supervisor; this new venture and adventure, for me, was going to be a good thing for me, I could feel it.

No more being thrown from article to article, now I could plan my life, have some downtime and take some more time at home and not on the road. Maybe, in time, I can expand my portfolio to houses in different states and expand my workforce. Man, this year will be my year, I can feel it. Bring it on, I can’t wait!

Randall didn’t have a match at Roadblock, but he sat in the VIP box with Rene and I as we watched Jon face Triple H, but was defeated and Triple H retained the title, so that meant a main event against Randall and Triple H at Wrestlemania in Arlington, Texas; my last Pay per View before I plan that the WWE will throw me into my new job; if I get it. Sink or swim kind of situation.

“Looks like Randall might get his backside handed to him when Wrestlemania comes along” Gene smiles as he closes the boot.

“Don’t call me Randall, you sound like my mother!” Randall shouts as we kiss goodbye and part ways in the car park of the hotel as he heads off to the car with Joe, Jon and Rene as we clamber into my car together.

We part ways at the exit of the car park as they head towards the centre of Toronto and we wait as they drive off into the distance and we then turn, onto the highway, towards Connecticut. Stamford, here we come!

“You know, you can be such a wind up, sometimes!” I laugh as Gene sits there, smirking to himself as I signal to lane change before we head south onto Bay St towards Albert Street towards Gardiner Expressway West.

“I’m just playing around sweetie, I don’t mean any harm” He smiles.

“Yeah, I know that, but you’re going to start grinding on his gears if you carry on calling him Randall... Mind you, I kind of like calling him Randall, although, I know I don’t call him by name often.” I smile as I think about him.

“Randy just seem, I don’t know, strange to me. Randall sounds better” Gene explains. “Besides, his name is Randall on paper, not Randy.” He continues as the satellite navigational system shouts at me to take the slip road onto Gardiner Expressway West.

Merge onto Gardiner Expressway West. Continue on for 14.8 kilometres she speaks.

“I keep meaning to ask, why is this sat nav, a woman? I feel outnumbered here...” Gene replies and I cannot help but laugh.

“Because, the man doesn’t sound as posh and easy on the ears as she is. Besides, the man does street names, I like to know exits its easier” I explain.

“Fair enough, I see your point.” He smiles.

“I just use her as a guide, I don’t follow her 100% most of the time, the sat nav seems to be slightly outdated; all the new road layouts and stuff make following her, complicated. I use road signs more often than her; she’s just to stop me...” I explain.

“... Getting lost?” He jumps in, and I chuckle.

“Yeah, something like that” I smile.

At Toronto Pearson International Airport

“Anyone up for something to eat while we wait for our flight to Winnipeg,” Jon asks as we sit in the economy lounge.

“I see why not” Joe smiles as we all walk towards the catering area.

“I bet you can’t wait to get home to Bell,” Rene smiles.

“No, I can’t. A few days rest at home, will be pure bliss. Where are you guys off to after Winnipeg?” I ask.

“Jon and I are off to Calgary and Joe’s off to Vancouver, I believe” Rene replies, looking over at Joe who signals a thumbs up as he grabs a table by the exit so we can all dart for the boarding gate, like a stampede of Elephants at a watering hole, should the announcement come early.

“Oh that’s a shame you’re all splitting up” I reply as I pop my jacket on the back of my seat.

“I’m flying home to Florida on Thursday for the weekend, while they head on to their next stop, in Massachusetts,” Joe smiles.

“You guys seem to having more time off than us” Jon replies as Rene hands him a menu.

“Have a family then you’ll see why home time is so important to us.” Joe replies as he looks down his menu.

In Buffalo, New York,

Stopping at a roadside diner on Interstate 190 South, the weather here was cold, the temperature in my car reads 9C / 48F, it was kind of like being back in the UK, cold but not freezing compared to Canada. Six more hours of driving to go and we should enter Connecticut by nightfall, I hope.

This road trip was going to be a huge haul back to Missouri come Wednesday. My interview was Tuesday morning and I was hoping heading back home Wednesday afternoon, at the latest. Somehow, I have a feeling we’ll be late getting back to Missouri when we stop in Detroit. If Randall has anything to do with it; we’ll be leaving Detroit later than I wish to. But what the heck, this was my last ever road trip; why not make the most of it.

We head inside the diner, eyeing up the corner table by the window as the roar of the fire hits me like a gust of warm air. Spring can’t come sooner, I hate the cold. Shuffling across the diner, with my head down, Gene takes my bag and places beside him, on the long red leather fitted corner seat, with chequered patterning on the back,

I throw my coat down beside me as I slide my legs under the table and reach over for my menu, knocking the salt cellar with my elbow. It wobbles on the table as Gene catches it before it topples over; me and my clumsiness, as usual. Skimming though the menu, a three egg omelette with mushrooms and baked beans catches my eye and my mouth waters at the thought. That would go well with a nice fresh pot of coffee, just what I need on a day like today.

The waitress wanders over towards us as Gene gives the orders and I sit here, in a world of my own, thinking about Randall and him coming home at the weekend, I couldn’t wait. He hasn’t been home, properly since Christmas and New Year when we had that big party.

Then, it dawns on me, his birthday was next month, oh goodness, I almost forgot! What the heck do get someone who seems to have everything? Do I get him a new watch? Maybe some new threads, or do I make him a little breakfast in bed, god, I have no idea... Oh how I hate birthdays sometimes!

“Earth the Belle,” comes Gene’s voice as I come back to reality and find the waitress looking at me, with a smile.

“White or brown toast?” He asks.

“Oh sorry, brown thank you” I smile. “Sorry, I zoned out there for a moment” I smile.

“So I noticed” Gene laughs. “Are you thinking about that fancy man of yours?” He laughs.

“Only one man for me” I smile as the waitress comes back to our table with the coffees.

In Toronto Pearson International Airport,
Flight 785 to Winnipeg is now boarding comes the announcement in the airport.

Scrambling like a pack of animals, toast in mouths, coffees guzzled and scrapping amongst each other for coats, we dash across the airport as Jon piggy backs Rene to the boarding gate as Joe scurries with Jon’s coat and me, with my half eaten toast between my teeth, half a cup of scolding hot coffee and my coat over my arm. Waiving in and out of the crowds as Joe jumps over an oncoming suitcase and I swing around a little old lady with her walker as I hear Jon being hurried on as Rene holds on for dear life like a jockey on a racehorse.

“Oh that was close!” Joe laughs as I throw my now empty coffee cup, in the bin and pull out my boarding ticket from my back pocket.

“Cheers for grabbing my coat” Jon replies, popping Rene on her feet, on the floor as he catches his breath and Rene passes him his boarding ticket from her enormous handbag. “Cheers babe” He smiles as he grabs his coat from Joe and we board our flight.

We sit on two’s across the aisle from each other. I’m paired with Joe while Jon and Rene sit together. I have the aisle seat, whilst Joe has the window seat and Jon and Rene are in the centre aisle.

“Give this to Bell when you see her” Rene smiles, handing me Bell’s bracelet I had given her from the Slammy Awards last year. “She left it in our room when we last room shared and I keep meaning to give it to her” She smiles.

“Oh thanks, I’ll give it her when I meet her in Detroit on Wednesday.” I smile, popping it in my jacket pocket.

“Why are you meeting her in Detroit?” Joe asks.

“Oh, she’s staying on a little longer in Toronto she says; making her way back home Wednesday, so I said I’d fly in and meet them part way, in Detroit” I smile.

NY-400 towards East Aurora / West Seneca / NY-16,

“Just go in those right two lanes there and follow the road around.” I smile as we head towards East Aurora. “Right, now just continue on NY-400 South” I continue.

“Yes ma’am” Gene smiles. “You know, you can be bossy sometimes” Gene laughs.

“I am not being bossy, I’m following the sat nav” I reply as we hit a traffic hold up.

“Well the smooth trip, didn’t last long...” Gene replies as he pops the car into neutral and we sit here, as the engine rumbles beneath us, like a purring kitten

“Nothing compared to the one I was stuck in back in Illinois that one was worse, two hours we were sat in that one!” I reply as I look at the cars around us as we sit here, in stationary traffic and I wind down the window a little to let in some cool air; the heater was sending me to sleep.

Just as I feel myself beginning to drift off, Why Don’t We Just Dance? comes on the radio. I love this song!! Turning the radio up, Gene rolls his eyes at my enthusiasm over a genre of music he hates, but that’s OK, it’s my car, so I get to chose what plays on the radio and if I want Country music, then I shall have Country music.

“You don’t half like some sad feeling music” Gene replies as we shuffle along the road, at snail speed.

“Nothing wrong with feel good music; it beats your head banging, make no sense music. You call screaming and grunting singing? I don’t think so!” I reply as the song plays on and I shimmy in my seat as the driver in the car beside us watches on. I am so into this song, I don’t care who’s watching me and Gene hides behind his hand as we move another half an inch along the road. God, that’s such a good song!

The traffic is still crawling along as I wind down my window and stick out my head; as if I’m going to see anything from here! Looking down the road, I see flashing lights and a fire engine... This can’t be good; people in cars ahead of us are getting out having a look; talk about causing more holdups, the nerve of some people.

“Sod it, I’m going to have a look, this is getting ridiculous” I say to Gene as I check for any oncoming traffic along the hard shoulder before getting out. Walking along the grass verge, I can see three cars in our lane, all crumpled up and contoured like a concertina. It looks like someone wasn’t paying attention as they were driving along, or, in most cases, using their phones whilst driving; so many people do it, it’s unreal.

The weather’s cold as I walk back down the hard shoulder and back to the car when I am met with a warm feeling hitting my bones as I close the car door. “Anything happened” Gene asks.

“Just what looks like a minor bump between three cars, I couldn’t make out any significant injuries; but the be fair, I didn’t want to stand around too long in case I got ushered on by the police and besides, I didn’t want to be out in the cold to long.” I explain.

“Oh fair enough. Reckon we’ll be moving soon?” He asks again.

“They’re moving on the cars slowly, but one of the cars is facing the central divide so I think they’re awaiting removals and such like” I smile. “I think it won’t be much longer until they start to move us along, police don’t like people ‘rubber necking’ on a major road like this, so they’ll have us all on our way soon enough.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

We land sometime later at Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson international Airport and we make our way to baggage claim. There are rows upon rows of conveyer belts with hundreds of suitcases, holdalls and bags and here I stand, donned in a baseball cap and jeans, waiting for my baggage to come through from my flight. Joe, Jon, Rene and I had decided to split up so not to draw attention to ourselves as we collect out luggage.

I stand, face on to the conveyer belt as Jon and Rene stand opposite me, on the other side of the conveyer belt, just by the side if the door where the rubber flaps meet the luggage as it trundles through. Joe and I eye each other as we grab our bags and scarper for the taxi bay where our ride was collecting us. Joe and I wait here in the cold as Jon and Rene saunter out, like we had all the time in the world! It’s cold out here and Joe and I just want to be in the car already and be on our way to the hotel.

The collection area was quiet and we were just climbing into the car when my phone rings in my pocket... who was that?! I wondered to myself as I glance at the caller display as I slide the door closed and we’re off. It was Belle...

“Hey babe, is everything OK?” I ask, as I hear noise around her but the line is very faint. “Babe...” I reply and the line goes dead... ”Must be a bad signal, I’ll call her back” I smile as I scroll through my contacts and call her back.

“Sorry babe, line went dead on me. Just letting you know we’ve just stopped on Interstate-390 South, traffic is a nightmare today, another traffic incident on Interstate-86 East.” She explains...

“That’s going east and it’s not in Toronto, wait ... where are you going?” I ask; I’m confused now.

“I’ll explain where I went on Wednesday, just wanted to let you know we’re OK” She explains. “I’m in New York at the moment, but we’re heading to Connecticut.” She explains.

“But why,” I ask, still none the wiser.

“I’ll explain all on Wednesday, just keep your fingers crossed for me, OK? Please.” She asks.

“OK babe, just call or text me when you guys get into Connecticut. I love you.” I reply and we end the call. “She’s on her way to Connecticut” I smile. “I-390 South she said she’s on at the moment.

“She’s heading towards Stamford” Rene smirks. “Seems she’s on her way to WWE headquarters; this is good news” She smiles and I feel a sense of pride wash over me. I hope she gets offered a job.

[align]___________________________________________________________[/align]
Sorry it took me so long to read this: it got a bit lost in the shuffle :( .

Nice work, though. A bit of a shame this is the last of the road trips - I always enjoyed reading those - but, good to see Bella is making the most of it :) !
Chapter 45
We turn into Atlanta Street and arrive in Stamford Connecticut, ready for my interview tomorrow. Daylight fades as we find a nearby four star hotel for a few nights and head inside to find a twin room; I hope they have some free, I don’t want to sleep alone, I’m too excited to sleep at the moment, but I must get some sleep, I’ll regret it if I don’t.

The reception is huge, the marble styled floors, the chandeliers hang from the grand ceiling of this magnificently well presented foyer. They ever have a fireplace in the foyer, it’s so unreal. Even the reception tops are marbled, I feel like I have stumbled into something from a movie, the grandness of this building is making me feel inadequate, I feel so out of place. Only people like my Randall... there I go again, calling him Randall... could afford a night stay here, am I mad? Do I have the funds to stay in a place like this? I’ll soon find out...

“Hi, I am wondering if, on the off chance, you have any twin rooms available for two nights.” I ask,

“Let me have a look,” The lady smiles at me from behind her computer screen. She seems small in comparison to this desk, it engulfs her as she sits there, peering up at me as I wait for her to find out my enquiry.

“The closest we have to a twin room here is a double standard room” She smiles as she skims through the page. It is $240 for a night” She smiles and Gene’s face drops.

“It’s OK, I can do that. After all, we’re here for a special occasion” I smile. “You can pay for dinner” I wink. “I am sure I’ll make the money back, eventually” I smile. “Don’t worry about it, its fine. Its only once in a blue moon you get to spend a few nights in a place like this” I smile.

“The cheapest rooms we have available after that are double rooms” She explains.

“Oh no, we’re not a couple” I smile. “We’re just friends” I explain. “No, the other room is fine thank you” I smile as I hand over my card and she proceeds to tap in the amount in and hands me the card reader and I punch in my pin and wait. Payment accepted the machine reads and I pull out the card and she hands me a receipt and our room key.

Our room is huge with two double beds and a city view. I can see the whole of Connecticut from up here and I think I can even see the WWE headquarters as the logo lights up in red, white and black... This room is almost as big as my kitchen at home! I say almost, not much comes close to my kitchen, I love the size of all the rooms in that house, they’re big enough to be apartments, some of them.

That’s given me an idea... Maybe we could build and annexe onto the house. An annexe is a small apartment complex; I think Gene would be the best candidate for the annexe, somewhere for him to escape to if the house gets too crowded for him. Just a small one bed roomed, one bathroom, one lounge kind of deal; a small place, easy for him to managed and maintain. That’s a future addition I can add to my portfolio and my ‘to do’ list and blue prints for the house. Man, these builders have their work cut out for them; but I am sure they’ll appreciate the work and of course, the money.

I called Rob this morning and told him I won’t be home for another few days, but that was OK because he has another minor job on the go, until I come home and I am settled and ready for them to come back and carry on my Orangery, It should be finished by the time I head to Wrestlemania in April, I may not be working at this year’s Wrestlemainia, but I am still going! Randall is in the main event against HHH and I want front row seats for that match!

“This place is astounding!” Gene smiles as he looks out of the window and across the Connecticut skyline as the daylight fades.

“Where we going for dinner,” I smile. “Don’t worry, I’ll pay” I smile.

“Oh nonsense, I’ll pay for dinner, you paid for the room, and it’s the least I could do” He smiles.

“Just a little bar would be nice, somewhere simple, reasonably priced and delicious. Or, we could just order a Chinese and pick it up. I saw leaflets in the foyer as we walked in.” I smile.

“I’ll go and collect one” Gene smiles as he darts out of the room, leaving me standing in the window as the night comes and the bird songs simmer down and fade out. Bring on tomorrow!

The bell rings and I crouch here on the mat, looking around as the camera’s pan out at the crowd around me. I win my match against Chris Jericho and all I can think about, is getting on that flight out to Detroit tomorrow and home to my family. Sweat dripping down my face and into my eyes and a throbbing sensation in my shoulder, I slide out of the ring and head up the ramp back to the locker room and a well needed hot shower.
Walking down the corridor, I am met by Paul Levesque in his suit and tie; he doesn’t look too pleased with something. I slide around him as I walk on to the locker room before he turns on his heels and shouts my name.

“Randy, before you go, there’s something I need to talk to you about...” He begins. “We had a call from a Michael Ballanante, he mentioned your name to someone do you know him? He said he had an employee of his who knew you, is this true?!” He asks.

Oh god, why do I feel at this point, that something I am about to say could jeopardise Belle and her future here, “In what way? “ I ask, feeling as if I have just put my foot in it.

“He said you have a friend of yours, who works for him, is this true?” He asks.

“I have a friend who works with someone in that field, not necessarily for them” I reply. “Why, who’s asking?” I reply.

“Me. I’ve read her resume, she seems like a great candidate for an idea we’ve had for a possible new show, on the network,” He smiles. “Anyway, have a good few days off and I’ll see you in Rhode Island next week” He smiles as he goes off on his jolly way, whistling as he disappears into the darkness of the corridor.

I just hope whatever the idea is, it’s a good one. Belle deserves nothing but the best from this place. I just hope, if she’s offered whatever it is, she’ll grab it with both hands, opportunities like these, don’t could around too often. Go on girl, I believe in you. Good luck!

I sit here, drying my hair at the end of my bed, as the sun rises over the city of Stamford. Today was the big day; my interview with the WWE creative’s and execs was just hours away and I’m now beginning to feel a bout of nerves and excitement wash over me, Gene was in the shower as I throw down my towel and unpack my hairdryer from my suitcase, throwing my hair forward as I bend down and brush my hair, from back to front, drying as I go.

The warm air from the hair dryer blows on the back my neck as I hear the bathroom door open. All I can see from my awkward positioning are a pair of black socks and a pair of trousers as I carry on drying my hair. I feel my stomach turn as I feel a wash of dizziness come over me and I have to sit down. At this angle, the blood rushes to my head and my equilibrium is off and I find myself wobbling. This always makes me dizzy, but it’s the easiest way to completely dry my hair.

I’ve been up for several hours, going over, in my head, the types of questions they may ask me. Questions like; ’where to hope to be with the WWE in five years time?’, ‘what do you hope to achieve with the WWE? the types of questions it seems all employees love to ask; the trivial questions that put you on the spot and make you stand out from the rest. I want to show them I have the potential to be something big, someone they can work with and someone who can make decisions and think on my feet. I know I can do this and I know they have a good employee in me, I just hope they see that and I get offered the job.

“You women have the strangest ways of doing things!” I hear Gene comment as I stand back upright and throw my hair back.

“You try having my long hair and drying it, then you’ll understand my plight.” I reply, as I switch off the hair dryer and unplug it from the wall socket.

“My hairs bad enough thanks, I’ll stick with what I have” He smiles. “I’ll be glad I have a full head of hair, some men aren’t as fortunate as me” He continues,

“No that’s true. Randall keeps his short and I like it, makes him look smart and quite sexy actually. Not too fussed about facial hair on a man, but he’s the exception” I explain with a smirk.

“I have a beard” Gene replies.

“Yeah, but you’re different, I don’t kiss you, so it doesn’t matter” I laugh.

“I wouldn’t mind, if you did” He smirks. “No seriously, I know what you mean” He smiles.

“A kiss on the cheek is as far as you’d get with me” I laugh.

“Yeah... I’d take that” He winks and we both laugh. “What time’s your interview?” He asks and the conversation turns to my meeting with the guys from the WWE.

“10am, the letter says, but I’ll head down to them early and get to them for around 9:30am, show them willingness and my prompt and on time personality, I always like to be early for things, show’s enthusiasm and good time keeping skills” I smile.

“Look at you, thinking outside the box, you go girl” Gene smiles. “I can’t wait till you get the welcome aboard sentence, which I know you’ll get. People like you, they’d be foolish to say no to” He smiles and I feel myself going red.

“Thanks babe” I smile and feeling pride and honour wash over me. Come on Belle, you can do this!

I stand here waiting for ride to the arena, for my interview with Michael Cole, ready for WrestleMania. The weathers turned cold and it’s snowing heavily, what the heck, the sun was out earlier... Canada is one heck of a bizarre country sometimes. It’s cold and I need coffee.

I have a GYM session and a promotion tour for WrestleMania to do before I fly out to Detroit tomorrow morning... Hurry up, driver! Belle will be meeting me at the airport to collect me; I hope... I just hope whatever they have planned for today, it’s a good day for her and she gets a yes from the higher-ups. I’ll be so happy to have her at Pay per Views, with me. It means Gene gets a free pass as well and he’ll love that! Ah, here it is now, finally!

The grand foyer is awe inspiring, its grandeur and sophistication throws me as I walk, gingerly towards the huge reception desk where two security guards stand either side of the desk, like a couple of heavy duty mall cops.

They’re armed with what looks like a hand gun in a holster, CS spray and a collapsible friction lock federal baton. I am not and never will be, fearful of law enforcement in most countries, but here in the US, I feel like I have to watch myself... those firearms, aren’t for show. Here, they will and do use them, but let’s not go there...

“Good morning, can I help you?” The young man asks at the desk as I look at those two burly men, watching my every move, as if I’m about to jump the desk and do something foolish... Just the look of them is enough to keep me on my toes.

“Yes, I have an appointment here at 10am.” I smile.

“Can I have a name please?” He asks.

“Mae” I reply.

“Do you have any form of identification with you?” He smiles and I rummage through my pockets for my wallet and my driving licence and hand it over the desk to him.

“Thank you. One last question... May I ask, where did you park?” He smiles and I point to the street parking area and he nods. “Registration for the vehicle,” He asks with a smile and I look at him, puzzled because I had just paid for parking... ”We can stop you receiving a parking ticket, should you be parked out there for more than one hour” He smiles.

“Oh I see” I smile and I give him my registration details.

“Thank you that will be all. Please take a seat over there and someone will be through to collect you as soon as possible” He smiles and I walk towards the seating area, grabbing a newspaper off the desk as I go...

That’s the interview with Michael Cole for WrestleMania 32 done; now it’s onto some WrestleMania promotion work with Natalya before I can hit the GYM and then head back to my hotel room for the evening. The snow’s stopped, but it’s still pretty chilly; spring isn’t in full bloom here yet, but it’s coming, I can feel it.

Standing on the side walk awaiting my ride to my next scheduled event of the day, I spot a billboard advertisement for the Toronto Blue Jays and it reminds me, I need to get something in place for April. I have less than three weeks until the start of April and I’m still behind on my plans, work keeps getting in the way; I must organise something when I am home, without arousing suspicions from the household. This will be fun...

“Welcome to the WWE headquarters here in Stamford, Connecticut, I trust you had a pleasant trip. My name is Dan Humphrey’s and I’m the head of International Media Services here at WWE Headquarters. It was Paul Levesque who contacted me regarding your resume. I’ve had an extensive look through your resume and had a look at some of the works you’ve done for your previous employers, Entertainment Weekly” He smiles as he looks down my extensive works portfolio Michael had emailed them on my behalf.

“Yes” I smile, all calm and confident.

“Your works are pretty impressive, you’ve had some great articles and projects over the years, I see on one of them, you got to attend the Cannes Festival in France last year, how was that?” He smiles.

“The best experience of my life, the whole weekend was amazing.” I smile as he nods and smiles, listening to my every word.

“I see you met a few big names there, could you tell me a little about those in particular?” He smiles.

“Arnold Schwarzenegger was the biggest name out of the whole weekend I got to spend time with. He was so down to earth, a real gent.” I smile. I know he’s seeing what enthusiasm I’ll bring to the plate; I can sense his tactics here. “Robert Downey Jr. was another; I only got to have a quick question answered by him, but he was great too!” I smile.

“You have a pretty impressive array of other attributes here, you’ve got good people skills you’re prompt and good at time keeping. And, I also see here, you’re working on your own business, how will that affect your work here, if we should employ you?” He asks.

“Oh that’s not a problem at all. I have a business partner who can take the reins from me so I can focus wholeheartedly on the work I am given. Journalism will always be my main career focus and drive, my business venture will never come between my main career; not ever” I smile.

“Here it says, you have contacts in the UK, what does this mean?” He asks.

“Oh, I have dual citizenship between here and the UK. I pay my taxes in both countries and I go to and from the UK, to visit family and things like that. However, my work is here in the US.” I smile.

“Would you take work in the UK, on behalf of the WWE, if you were asked?” He smiles.

“Of course,” I smile. “I am reasonably flexible. I’ll go wherever I am told” I laugh and he smiles.

“Last few questions...” He smiles. “If you were offered the job here, when could you start?” He asks.

“As soon as you’d like” I smile.

“Enthusiastic, we like that here” He laughs. “Where in the US do you reside? For ease of commute, mainly,” He smiles.

“Missouri” I smile.

“Oh, I’m from there! I live here in Stamford now, but I was born in Jefferson City,” He beams.

“Awesome my... friend resides in St Louis” I smile.

“Another question.... If you were to take on a brand new show, for the Network, what would you cover?” He asks.

“Interviews sort of show, with a real life element and feel to it. A up close and personal kind of show, one where we get to find out the types of people the WWE superstars are really like, Something like; At Ringside; and then with a performer at ringside and we get to delve into their lives, Nothing to personal, just they’re thoughts on world affairs and things like that. With no repercussions for the star and they get to be open and honest...” I explain with a beaming smile.

“You’ve really thought this idea through,” He beams. ”I do like the concept of this show idea” He smiles.

“It’s the type of show no one else has on the WWE Network and, being a fan myself, it’s the kind of show I’d love to see.” I smile.

“Interesting... Just one last thing... When you think WWE, what’s the first thing that comes to mind?” He smiles.

“Excitement, Enthusiasm, Electricity, Awe inspiriting and not forgetting... AWESOME...” I smile.

“If you’d like to take a seat back outside in the waiting area, I’ll have a talk with some of the higher-ups and I’ll give you an answer in the next twenty minutes” He smiles as we shake hands and I walk back out into the waiting area and sit and await my verdict.., God, I hate the waiting... that was scary!

My shoulders are stinging and my abdomen is stretched as I sit up from the weights table and I’m sweating profusely from head to toe as I feel my arms relax after ten reps of the weights. Abdomen crunches are done, arms are done, legs are done and chest is done. Now I am ready for a shower and a big meal, I am starving. I have a craving for pasta tonight and I hardly ever have pasta.

As I leave the GYM room and head to the showers my phone buzzes,

Waiting for an answer on my future... see you tomorrow. I love you X B X it read.

The interviews over by the sounds of it and now she’s just waiting on a verdict, Man, I feel nervous for her now. Come on WWE, hurry up and give her the job, you know you want to...

“Arabelle Mae” A voice calls and I head back into the interview room where I am met by Dan and another guy...

“This is Christopher Bellitti; he’s the head of US and Canada Media Services” Dan smiles.

“Good morning Ms Mae, I have been asked in here to meet you face to face as your resume astounds me and I’d love to work with you. On behalf of all the staff here at the WWE Headquarters I’d like to welcome you aboard!” He beams.

“Are you serious?!” I beam.

“Yes, welcome aboard!” He laughs and I feel myself welling up at the future. I am working with the WWE; this is amazing, this cannot be happening... Oh my goodness, I can’t believe it...

“We’ll meet you in Texas in April. Have a good day and we’ll see you soon, Again, thank you for applying and we look forward to working with you.” He smiles and I leave the room, in shock and awe...

I make it out of the building and I stand in the doorway, looking out at the world around me. I am a WWE employee, this is madness, this is unreal and this cannot be happening. I need to go and find Gene, I can’t wait to see his reaction. He was right, I got the job,,,

The cafe I had left Gene in was just on the corner of the street and before I know it, I’m standing outside the cafe, trying to compose myself before I walk into the cafe and I sit down, head down, as if I’d got a no.

“Oh no, you didn’t get it?!” comes Gene’s response.

“No.... I GOT IT!!” i beam and Gene looks at me in pure shock. “They want to meet with me in Texas in April” I smile. “I can’t believe this, it’s so unreal” I laugh. “I am a WWE employee, or at least, I will be come April,” I smile.

“This calls for a celebration; the drinks are on me!” Gene smiles,

“I can’t have too many, I have to drive to Detroit and collect Randall from the airport tomorrow” I explain.

“OK, but maybe one, just to celebrate? Then when you announce it, we can all celebrate, together” Gene smiles and I nod.

Looking out at the world around me from the comfort of my hotel bed, the daylight’s gone and I sit here alone, by lamp light as the world drifts off to sleep and I’m wide awake. Something at the back of my mind is telling me something major is coming my way, but I don’t know where, or when, but it’s coming, I can feel it. Not sure at this point if it’s good, or bad. My gut is telling me big changes are on the horizon,

I hope I hear something from Belle soon; I’m still waiting for this big long winded, essay of a text, but so far, I’ve had nothing, not a dickybird. Walking towards the bathroom, I feel a sense of ‘it’s coming’ hit me and as I head into the bathroom and close the door.... BING, there it is!

Will aim to be in Detroit for lunchtime tomorrow; I have some news, but I’ll leave it for when I see you tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know, we’re back at our hotel and Gene’s a little... drunk... says he’s not, but I know otherwise. Anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite! X B X

Oh you spoil sport; I hate it when she does that... Now I won’t sleep...Maybe this is what my gut is telling me...

Many drinks later, I am as sober as a sister in a nunnery, whereas, Gene is a drunk as a sailor. Walking back to the room from the foyer, we head into the elevator where we press the button for our floor and Gene holds on to the rail, for dear life as we ascend upwards. He’s as drunk as a sailor, but trying to fool everyone by attempting to act sober, but the more he tries, the worse it gets.

He’s walking along the corridor, trying to act sober, but every step he takes, he wobbles on his feet, his whispering isn’t whispering and his laugh is as snorty as a pig in a trough. His tip toe is making me giggle uncontrollably as he stumbles over thin air and staggers down the hallway as he reaches our room and attempts to put the room key in a non-existent key hole; it’s a swipe card...

I am standing here, just watching his stupidity as he wanders along the corridor, trying all the doors in a non-existent key hole... Still; it’s a swipe card... he’ll figure it out in a second... let’s just wait and see what happens...

The whole world, to him seems to have stopped. A nonexistent keyhole just isn’t quite enough for him, now he’s standing there, confused as all hell and the concept of swipe card hasn’t registered yet and now he’s attempting to knock the door in! At this rate, I’ll be paying for damages too. He’s fumbling now in his pockets for the room key; it’s in his hand.

I stand here, cross armed as he ponders at the door, scratching his head before realising it’s a key swipe card and I roll my eyes at his drunken stupidity. It’s not the first time he’s pulled a stunt like that, drunk... He once tried to put our room key in the door of the janitor’s closet; which was adjacent to the reception desk and the staff looked on in sheer snootiness as his stupid ass.

He’s well and truly, potted! This man can’t even find the entrance to his own duvet cover, he’s not even removed his shoes yet... oh god, please have mercy on my soul, I can’t take this much longer...

It’s a wonder he’s not stumbled over and hit the wa- never mind, I spoke to soon. I watch on from the doorway as he attempts to remove his shoes before sitting down and falls forwards, hitting his head on the mini fridge before sitting on the floor and undoing, already undone shoe laces... Thank goodness it’s time for bed; I don’t think I can take much more, if he carries on like this, he’ll be in the ER.

I’m waiting to board my fly to Detroit, but I’ve been delayed by an hour so far. There’s thick fog in the sky and none of the incoming or outgoing planes can take off or land. When I left the hotel this morning, the sky was clear... Where’d this fog come from?! I need a coffee....

The airports quiet and I’m in a situation where I can grab a coffee without having to watch for people around me, bugging me constantly for autographs. I really don’t mind people asking me for them, but not when I am eating! People here are pretty nice though, they never draw attention to you by all means I’m not the type of person who can’t hide. I mean, I’m 6’ 4” tall and I’m a WWE superstar, but I do like my privacy too, so most people do respect that, but not everyone is like that.

The coffee shop’s quiet, no one is drinking coffee this morning, so I have my pick of seating, so I’ll sit over in the corner out of the way and keep myself to myself, as I do normally. Feels weird, everyone’s off to Vancouver and I’m off home, I feel a sense of loneliness, sitting here on my lonesome... I can’t wait to get home to Belle and even Gene. That guy’s a great laugh!

I’m driving this morning and I plan to get as close to Detroit as I can while Gene sleeps off his hang over on the back seat. His antics almost cost me an early throw out due to his stupid antics last night! I’ll kill him if he puts me in a situation like that again; he’s such an idiot sometimes.

I love him to pieces, but he doesn’t seem to know where to draw the line with his drinking, when he starts. While he was out for the count last night, I had to go down into the reception area and apologise for his loudness and his uncontrollable banging; he can be such a child!

He’s not driving my car today, he can stay on that backseat until I know he’s sobered up and come to his senses. He’s a great guy, but an idiot of a man when he’s drunk; he never knows when to shut up or turn his volume down. I had one last night and that was it, I knew I’d be the one driving this morning, I knew he’d take things too far. It’s a good job someone has some sense in this friendship, because, when he’s drunk, it’s not him!

Watching him stirring on the backseat, I throw a bottle of water over the back of the seat and it lands in the foot well of the backseat. He stirs, looks at me all confused and sits up, clutching his head as the sun beams into the backseat as I slip into a service stop and wait for him to come too; I don’t want him throwing up in my car. If he does, he can do it in the parking lot, not on my seats.

“Oh god,” Gene grumbles as I roll my eyes at him. “Jeez, my head...” He coughs. “... Where are we?” He asks.

“At a service stop just off the interstate; we’ve just crossed into New Jersey” I reply softly with a smile. “Want a coffee?” I reply and he nods with a smile. Jumping out the driver’s side, I open his door behind me and he stumbles out, catching the door as I steady him on his. This is the side of him I hate when he’s been drinking; he looks so vulnerable.

He shows his age when he sobers up from drinking. He’s not a young spring chicken anymore but when he’s had too many, he thinks otherwise. If he knew how bad he is and what an idiot he can be when he’s intoxicated, he wouldn’t do it, but it’s not my place to tell him. He’s my friend, I have his best interests at heart and I love the bones of him, but if I stopped his drinking, he’d get shirty with me, so I don’t bother.

“Sorry if I was an idiot last night sweetie, I can be such an uncooperative sod when I’ve had too many, that’s why I don’t drink too often, it’s not good for me” He smiles and my annoyance towards him fizzes out. He’s such a good man deep down, he’s just a sod when he has too many.

“Now you know why I don’t like it when you go too far. I know you mean well when we celebrate, but you’re unbelievable when you drink, you’re just so loud and you take your drink too far. We got back last night and you trundled down that hallway in the hotel like you were wearing steel top capped boots, your tip toeing was so thumpy, you were like a fairy elephant down that corridor; I had to go downstairs when you were asleep and apologise for your noise, you’re terrible” I explain and his head drops and I watch him shaking his head, with such shame and embarrassment in his face.

“I am so sorry, I am such a fool. I hope you can forgive me” He hesitates.

“I forgive you, I always will, but you need to rein it in when you do have a drink, just don’t go too far” I smile and he holds his arms open and I give him a huge hug and everything is right in the world again. I can never stay mad at him, he’s my best friend.

Two hours have passed and still, I am no closer to boarding my flight. The fog is getting thicker and I have this horrid feeling it’ll be me they’ll be waiting for; not me waiting for them, which I’d be fine with; they would have travelled further than me. The airport is still quiet; I suppose people weren’t coming out to the airport due to the weather; sensible really if you ask me, less traffic on the road.

The look of that sky looks as if it’s about to snow... Oh god, more delays if it snows. Canada has some wicked and horrid snow storms, I got caught it tail end of on in Vancouver some years ago, I was stranded at the airport for several hours and I was late for my connecting flight to New York; I was so annoyed, mother nature is wonderful, but she’s a nightmare when she wants to be.

Due to the impending snow blizzard approaching from Vancouver, we regret to inform all passengers flights scheduled for this afternoon have been cancelled until tomorrow. We’re sorry to all passengers for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact the booking office for more information. Thank you, Came the airport announcement.

Oh fantastic, I spoke to soon... Just what I need... I suppose I better make plans and arrangements with Bell...

Getting back into the car, my phone rings in my pocket... Who was that? Throwing my keys on my seat, I pull my phone out of my pocket Randy Calling... flashes up on my caller display. I answer the call.

“Hey baby, is everything OK?” I ask.

“I am OK babe. Flights here have been cancelled due to a coming snow storm from Vancouver. Don’t rush to Detroit, I won’t be flying out today” He explains. “I’ll get out of here as soon as I can.” He continues.

“Don’t worry babe, we’ll stay overnight in Detroit then and collect you when you land, whenever that may be” I smile as Gene climbs into the passenger seat and pops the keys in the ignition for me, leaning over the gearbox console. “Have you been to see the booking office to see if they have a rough idea when you’ll be flying?” I ask, as if he didn’t think of this idea before I had mentioned it.

“They said, the earliest they could offer me a transfer flight was tomorrow morning. I accepted and I’m going to head back to the hotel I stayed at and see if they can accommodate me for another night” He explains.

“Good idea, stay out of the cold and stay warm, just call or text me if you have any updates or news.” I smile.

“I will do babe, have a safe journey and I hope to see you tomorrow. Love you so much,” He replies.

“Love you too baby, see you tomorrow!” I smile and we end the call.

Well that as an unexpected turn of events... Well, at least I get a night in Detroit, I suppose... Oh well, sitting here won’t get me anywhere; on we go, to the next service stop... Pennsylvania, here we come!

Now, to catch a ride back to the hotel, find a room for the night and get some food, I am starving! All this sitting around won’t get me anywhere, I’m stuck here, not much I can do about it, the weather isn’t something you can or should be messing with. I just hope I get into Detroit tomorrow; I’m already wasting home time with Belle, being stuck here... I am so glad she’s so understanding, she’s a diamond, I love her so much; god, I miss her...

I stand here, awaiting a ride back to the hotel as the weather whips up around me and before I know it, it’s snowing again. A taxi pulls up in the collection point and I clamber in fastening up my seatbelt. I give him the name of the hotel and we’re off like a race horse out of the starting gate. God, it’s getting so cold out there. I think its soup and a crusty roll for lunch; oh man, that sounds so good right about now!

Belle makes awesome soups, always creamy, filling, hot and delicious! Her chicken soup is the best soup I have ever tasted and she serves it with slices of homemade crusty bread, oh man, I love Belle’s food; she’s such a wonderful cook. She’s better than she ever gives herself credit for. Man, she makes eating food good again; I always look forward to her meals. Proper homemaker she is; god she’s so good!

She’s good at fixing me low carbohydrate, high protein foods. Her chicken and chorizo soba noodle dish is to die for; she’s altered if over the last few months to substitute her wholegrain rice, for Soba Noodles, so I can have it, if I wish to. I can have wholegrain rice too, but I usually avoid rice, it’s full of carbohydrates and saturates and fat, sometimes.

She makes mean fruit smoothes, with low fat milk and packed full of fruit and she throws in some of my whey powder, to keep my protein intake up. Her homemade pancakes, I love. I take my carbohydrates in pancakes, potatoes and oatmeal form, so her home made pancakes are awesome. I have never had someone make food specifically for me to have, I feel blessed. She cares about my diet and it shows.

Another thing she’s had me trying, on the odd occasion, is her British based meals and I love them. I can’t have them too often as they play havoc with my diet, but I’ll eat them when I have a ‘cheat day’ which, for me, is Saturday’s if I don’t have Pay per Views on the Sunday. I love her homemade lasagne, she serves with that with garlic bread; again, homemade. Her white sauce on most occasions is substituted with cottage cheese; my favourite protein packed dairy product; again, a win-win for me, when I can have it.

She often flicks through my Metabolic meal menu I get when I order my food for on the road, those meals are great too, so she has a go at a ‘Belle version’ and I must say, they taste just as good as my metabolic meals do! She buys in a lot of organic foods now too, which taste amazing!

As I say, she flits between US food and UK food, but I love her taste for good food and keeping me on my toes. One day it’ll be UK based and then another day, it’s US based. She’s thrown in Italian food before now; her pasta bakes are divine too. Man, I just want to go home and have some of Belle’s cooking, she’s so good at what she does.

Anyway, glad to hear she's got the job :D ! Pity about those delays, though...