The Coffee House

Full Version: Post a fact about your country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(Or suffer the incredibly dire consequences shakes fist :P).

Title says all, really. Post something about your land and make us all walk away richer from the experience :)

- While the city I live in is formally known as Buenos Aires, it was founded and christened as "Santa María de los Buenos Aires".
We’re the only western country that has no free healthcare. [size=xx-small]which is *****]

Deleted User 8

Rangers and Celtic are bitter enemies to one another, and still are to this day.
Our milk comes in bags.
We have kangaroos
All of our court judges wear wigs, like this: 

[Image: rzBarRR.jpg]

Apparently, it's the same in some Commonwealth countries; however, Americans who hear this often seem to find it really weird (even though, to us Brits, it's seen as completely normal!)
My country should be divided by the center of the country to make USA 1 (West) and USA II (East) -- because at times it feels like the East Coast is a whole different country.

U.S of A has several "accents" by which people talk in and you know instantly what part of the country they are from by how they speak and pronounce.
(12-23-2018, 04:10 PM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote: [ -> ]We’re the only western country that has no free healthcare. which is bullsh*t

In contrast, we have free healthcare.
My country is home to a distinct dialect of Scottish Gaelic (mainly found on Cape Breton Island).
Technically, the sun still never sets over Britain and its territories. 

(There are only a few small remnants of the former British Empire left; however, they're spaced out in such a way that there's always at least one in daylight)
Pages: 1 2 3