The Coffee House

Full Version: What would you add to Minecraft?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's hard to believe, but Minecraft is nearly a decade old now. Over the years, it's received all kinds of new and improved content; however, there's still room for plenty more to be added in the future. So, if it was up to you, what would you add? 

Myself, my answer has always been "More slabs and stairs", because I've wanted to add finer details to my buildings. However, since we're getting those in Minecraft 1.14, I've had to think of something new :P . After a bit of thought, I decided that I would like some more fluids to be added to the game, because they've received very little development since Classic. The mechanics have changed over the years (notably in 1.13); however, we still only have the two that have been there since 2009 (namely, Water and Lava). Even Terraria has three distinct fluids: in addition to Water and Lava, it has Honey, which can only be found in beehives in Jungle biomes. I think having a biome-specific fluid, with its own set of mechanics, really helps to add to the flavour of that game - and so, I'd like to see a bit of this in Minecraft. Here are some ideas:

• Buildcraft adds Oil to the game, and this might make sense as a Desert-specific fluid. However, it doesn't really fit in with the setting of vanilla Minecraft, so perhaps it should stay in the realm of mods.
  • Perhaps a metallic or red fluid that conducts Redstone signals? (Thermal Expansion adds Destabilized Redstone, which is kinda similar, but it emits a Redstone signal rather than conducting one)
  • How about some kind of sticky slime fluid? It'd be very thick and viscous, and it would greatly slow movement. Would make sense in places like Swamps, or maybe Dark Forests.
  • Perhaps some very rare 'Pink Water'? It could spawn in small lakes in random areas of forest (inspired by this lake in New Zealand). Perhaps it could be used instead of regular water to create enhanced versions of potions, or fishing in it could yield high-level items.

So, what ideas do you have?
I'd like to be able to play sports on it without having to rely on mods, as those often fall behind in terms of development.

A simple hitting and throwing mechanic as well as some bats, gloves, hoops and goals that you can craft would go a long way and would make me play the game for years.
(12-11-2018, 08:37 PM)Dust Bowl Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to be able to play sports on it without having to rely on mods, as those often fall behind in terms of development.

A simple hitting and throwing mechanic as well as some bats, gloves, hoops and goals that you can craft would go a long way and would make me play the game for years.

Nice idea :D . As far as Minecraft sports go, Spleef is nice, but I'm hopeless at it :lol:

I also tried to invent my own games, based on archery, but these were never any good :( .
Lack of mini-map and getting lost is the reason why I hate this game.
(12-15-2018, 02:41 AM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote: [ -> ]Lack of mini-map and getting lost is the reason why I hate this game.

Absolutely. It's a popular mod, but as far as I'm concerned it really should be in the base game by now (and, as Juan pointed out earlier, it often takes a while for mods to be updated to the latest versions of the game :( )
(12-15-2018, 02:44 AM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2018, 02:41 AM)ObsessedwithBirds Wrote: [ -> ]Lack of mini-map and getting lost is the reason why I hate this game.

Absolutely. It's a popular mod, but as far as I'm concerned it really should be in the base game by now (and, as Juan pointed out earlier, it often takes a while for mods to be updated to the latest versions of the game :(
It was only on android and computer. It doesnt' work on my computer. :|
(12-15-2018, 02:41 AM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2018, 08:37 PM)Dust Bowl Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to be able to play sports on it without having to rely on mods, as those often fall behind in terms of development.

Nice idea :D . As far as Minecraft sports go, Spleef is nice, but I'm hopeless at it :lol:

I also tried to invent my own games, based on archery, but these were never any good :(

I made a huge baseball park for it, then got pissed when the mod I was using it with stopped updating and my blocks shapeshifted due to it not knowing how to handle them xD
Nice baseball park! Pity the mod renders it unusable, though :(

Anyway, another thing I'd add is some biome-specific music. At the moment, it's only really in the Nether at the moment, but Terraria does it for every biome, and I think it's another of those things that helps with the atmosphere and the ambience. (Granted, Terraria only has one song per biome - but that's still better than none!)

Deleted User 35

The ability to make a circle.
More ranged weapons and maybe some engineering capacity, used to craft cars and planes with an experience-based system used to determine the chance of success and the quality of the vehicle.
Pages: 1 2