The Coffee House

Full Version: People call the police due to KFC running out of chicken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43140836.amp

KFC lovers are being urged not to call the police over the fried chicken "crisis".

The fast food chain closed half its 900 UK outlets after "operational issues" with its new delivery firm DHL.

"For those who contacted the police about KFC being out of chicken...please STOP" officers in Manchester pleaded.

Police in London joined them in tweeting the chicken shortage was "not a police matter" but neither force could confirm if it had received calls.

-----------------------------------------------
( Funny 15 second news clip of the report, and features a woman moaning about having to go to Burger King instead:  :lol: )

What a massive over-reaction this was. And it's a massive waste of time to phone the police over something like this.

Also, if these people wanted fried chicken so badly, then there are plenty of other takeaway places to buy it from.

Also, this is old news, but recently found out about and thought it was a strange news story, so thought it would be interesting to repost. Please could the "Old News" prefix be added to this thread, ?
[Image: qHFTHI.gif]

Gods this happens every so often.  it's not even that great?!  I mean it's greasy, and while the flavor is okay I've had way better fried chicken from places like Birdcall and even Kroger's own Chester's Chicken.  For LESS MONEY.
(04-24-2024, 04:39 PM)Cool Cory Wrote: [ -> ]Also, this is old news, but recently found out about and thought it was a strange news story, so thought it would be interesting to repost. Please could the "Old News" prefix be added to this thread, ?

Done, and also fixed your YouTube link for you :) .

But yes, I remember this :P . I was completely unaffected by it, since I don't eat at KFC anyway, but my boss at the time was quite annoyed by it!
(04-24-2024, 04:42 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2024, 04:39 PM)Cool Cory Wrote: [ -> ]Also, this is old news, but recently found out about and thought it was a strange news story, so thought it would be interesting to repost. Please could the "Old News" prefix be added to this thread, ?

Done, and also fixed your YouTube link for you :) .

But yes, I remember this :P . I was completely unaffected by it, since I don't eat at KFC anyway, but my boss at the time was quite annoyed by it!

Thank you. :)
You know? In Murica they fine you if you call the police over nothing. Maybe do that XD
(04-24-2024, 05:04 PM)Moonshroom Wrote: [ -> ]You know? In Murica they fine you if you call the police over nothing. Maybe do that XD

Doesn't stop tons of millenials and zoomers from calling the cops over nothing though.  *sigh*  And let's not forget... *shudders*  The Karens.
(04-24-2024, 07:00 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2024, 05:04 PM)Moonshroom Wrote: [ -> ]You know? In Murica they fine you if you call the police over nothing. Maybe do that XD

Doesn't stop tons of millenials and zoomers from calling the cops over nothing though.  *sigh*  And let's not forget... *shudders*  The Karens.

Uffff... but there was a time when it actually did matter.

I read about someone who did not call the Columbine massacre in because they thought the shooters were using paintballs.

Yeah, especially if they're calling 999 over this -_- .

If people really must call the police over rubbish like this, then they should at least call 101 (the non-emergency police number). But in reality, it's not a police matter at all.

I think the UK should totally adopt that policy. If people make rubbish calls over silly things like KFC running out of chicken, then they deserve a fine.
(04-24-2024, 08:20 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, especially if they're calling 999 over this -_- .

If people really must call the police over rubbish like this, then they should at least call 101 (the non-emergency police number). But in reality, it's not a police matter at all.

It's cool that there is a "nobody's getting murdered" number, too.