The Coffee House

Full Version: Blind box (or blind bag) toys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There's been something of a craze lately, concerning "blind box" (or "blind bag") toys. These are opaque boxes (or bags) that contain a small toy; only, you don't know which one you're getting until you open the packaging. The idea is, you're supposed to try and collect all the toys in the set by repeatedly buying boxes (or bags) until you have them all. (Of course, unless you get really lucky, you're probably going to amass duplicates along the way!)

Plenty of companies do these now, but the ones I know best are the LEGO 'Minifig' bags. They've been making them since 2010, and they're up to their 18th series of the things now (plus several special promotional series). I got a few from the earlier series myself, although I've never made any attempt to collect the whole lot, because that would be insane :lol:

What about you?
I have a few, mostly Steven Universe but one Minecraft and one Mario. They’re fun to collect.
I'm surprised you have a Minecraft one, since you only played the game for a bit and didn't really like it!

Any particular reason for getting it?
I don't care for them since you don't get to pick what you get and wind up getting duplicates or ones you don't want.
I get some. Mostly Sailor Moon ones. Have both sets of the keychains. And some figure ones. Also have both sets of the Gracity Falls Domez ones, but I bought the full sets online. 

Ive found it's a bit cheaper and easier though just to buy a full box. What I did with series 2 of the Sailor Moon keychains.
I have bought a few for my nephews.

They are fun, I suppose, but I'd much rather buy them Kinder Eggs, so they can at least have a good quality chocolate with their blind toy.
(11-22-2018, 12:41 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: [ -> ]They are fun, I suppose, but I'd much rather buy them Kinder Eggs, so they can at least have a good quality chocolate with their blind toy.

I'm not allowed to go shopping without picking them up. Sometimes when I get the little ones from school I have to lie and say 'I haven't been anywhere today' even when I definitely have just to stop a tantrum before it starts.
:headbrick:

Surprise Eggs = My enemy.

Nah, they aight.
(11-22-2018, 12:58 AM)MegaphoneStallone Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2018, 12:41 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: [ -> ]They are fun, I suppose, but I'd much rather buy them Kinder Eggs, so they can at least have a good quality chocolate with their blind toy.

I'm not allowed to go shopping without picking them up. Sometimes when I get the little ones from school I have to lie and say 'I haven't been anywhere today' even when I definitely have just to stop a tantrum before it starts.

Nah, they aight. 

Hahah, I feel ya dude.

The fact that they have always been rather expensive doesn't help matters, either.
(11-22-2018, 01:07 AM)Dust Bowl Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2018, 12:58 AM)MegaphoneStallone Wrote: [ -> ]

Nah, they aight.  

Hahah, I feel ya dude.

The fact that they have always been rather expensive doesn't help matters, either. 
Not wrong there. I remember spending over $100 to get the first set of Sailor Moon keychains. That’s why u either try to buy the full set online or a box.
Wow :O

Personally, I feel as though buying a complete set is kinda defeating the point. I don't mind if people buy individual bags until they have most of the set, and then trade for the last few, but I feel as though people should be making some attempt to 'collect' them legitimately before resorting to trading :P .
Pages: 1 2