The Coffee House

Full Version: November Fill-In-The-Blanks Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surprisingly, it's been almost a full year since we've done a Fill-In-The-Blanks Contest :O ! But, to put that right, here's another one :P .

Just fill in the blanks in the most amusing way you can :P :

Quote:_______ shocked the world of astronomy by spotting _______ in the night sky.

_______ was particularly amazed. "This is even more groundbreaking than my discovery of _______!"

However, _______ was not so impressed. "This can be explained by _______. I'd be far more impressed if they discovered a _______."

Rules are as follows:

• Each blank can be filled with one word, or multiple words. Be creative!
  • Each person may submit up to three entries; however, only one entry by each person will count towards the final results.
  • No copying another person's entry (or just using the same basic idea as them, with a small number of words changed slightly);
  • Only entries posted in this thread will be counted. Entries submitted elsewhere (e.g. via PM, Discord, or Minecraft) will not count.

The contest closes on Sunday, 10th December 2023 at 11:59pm GMT, after which a poll will be started with all of the entries. Once voting closes, prizes will be awarded as follows:

• 1st place: 500 Coffee Credits (plus an Rosetteorange Orange Ribbon, if at least three people enter, and the winner is at least 2 votes ahead of the second-placed entry);
  • 2nd place: 250 Coffee Credits (if they get at least 1 vote);
  • 3rd place: 100 Coffee Credits (again, if they get at least 1 vote).

Good luck, everybody :) !
Astro shocked the world of astronomy by spotting flaming comets in the night sky.

Selene was particularly amazed. "This is even more groundbreaking than my discovery of that planet on fire!"

However, Bubba was not so impressed. "This can be explained by dust. I'd be far more impressed if they discovered a new star."
Whoops, I just noticed I forgot to set a closing date :facepalm: .

So it'll be Sunday, 10th December 2023 at 11:59pm GMT, which is a week from now :) .
Superman shocked the world of astronomy by spotting a Batman Constellation in the night sky.

Lois was particularly amazed. "This is even more groundbreaking than my discovery of Planet Luthor!"

However, Lana was not so impressed. "This can be explained by light pollution. I'd be far more impressed if they discovered a black hole nearby."
Only three days left to enter!
Time is up - so, I'm setting up the poll now :) .