The Coffee House

Full Version: Historic statue vandalised with blue crayon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-he...r-65262756

[Image: iZQZx6a.png]
(Source: National Trust / Above article)

Museum staff were left dismayed after a historic statue was scribbled on.

Bright blue crayon markings were scrawled across the face, arms and torso of the 230-year-old Sabrina statue at Croome, Worcester.

A memorial to landscape architect Capability Brown was also defaced sometime during 8 April, the National Trust said.

The markings have been removed from the statue but work to clean the memorial is ongoing.

Carved from Coade stone, the sculpture is thought to have been made in 1802 and depicts the Roman Naiade, Sabrina, in a grotto which was originally decorated with shells, coral and gems.

Wow, what idiot did this -_- ? I'm sure it'll be possible to restore - but it'll take time and effort away from other restoration and conservation projects.

I just hope whoever was responsible can be found, and held accountable for what they've done.
Grrrr. These people make me so mad.

Deleted User 1213

Nice to see the BBC selectively caring about which statues are vandalised. I wonder if they showed the same neutrality when Gen Z criminals were caught vandalising and destroying statues on the street?
Still pisses me off that even an English Civil War memorial was vandalised! People can be so damned ignorant.