The Coffee House

Full Version: Lidl must destroy Lindt-like chocolate bunnies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/se...ark-ruling

[Image: d3V8YCG.png]
(Source: Katherine Anne Rose / Above article)

The foil-wrapped chocolate bunny made by premium chocolate maker Lindt & Sprüngli is celebrating a legal victory, after Switzerland’s highest court ruled that it deserves protection from copycat products, including one made by Lidl.

The federal court in Lausanne has ordered the German discount retailer to stop selling its version of the rabbit-shaped confectionery and to destroy all its remaining stock.

Lindt’s chocolate bunny – wrapped in gold-coloured foil, sporting a red ribbon and small bell, and sitting in a squatting posture – is sold in various sizes and is one of the Swiss brand’s bestselling products, particularly around Easter.

The federal court’s ruling overturned one made last year by a Swiss commercial court, which found against Lindt.

Yeah, this isn't the first time one of these budget supermarkets has got into trouble for making knock-offs of a more prestigious brand's products... remember the Colin the Caterpillar fiasco :lol: ?

In fact, they'll probably have to be more careful to stay in the clear legally - otherwise, I can't see how this will be profitable for them in the long term!
I've had the Lidl (or Aldi?) choc bunnies before.  :lol:
(09-29-2022, 09:59 PM)Opal Fruit Wrote: [ -> ]I've had the Lidl (or Aldi?) choc bunnies before.  :lol:

I don't think I have... how do they compare to the Lindt ones :P ?
Think they were the Aldi actually. Assume they're made at the same place! I've also had the Aldi reindeer! They are not so luxurious as Lindt chocolate, but they are still pretty enjoyable. :D