The Coffee House

Full Version: No backpacks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so, I have come across a ton of students in and out schools all throughout the winter and I have come to realize that none of them (regardless of age, class or institution) have waltzed in and out without ever having a backpack on.

Is there something I'm missing here? I know that there's a big push for technology now, but I would think that kids still needed their books...
I have to admit, that's very surprising :O . I definitely needed mine for books, packed lunches, and other random stuff that I sometimes brought in.

I suppose it's possible that they keep their books in school, do all their homework online, and all get lunches from the school canteen... but even if most students do that most of the time, I wouldn't have expected them to always do that...
Maybe they have a tablet plugged into the school's wifi and that's what they use? (Would be my guess.) Also when my father was teaching, a few years back a bunch of schools were getting rid of the making kids do homework model because usually kids are usually doing other extra curricular stuff. So that might also be another reason for 0 books. (Oher wise, idk: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
I always bring a bag everywhere (admittedly it's a shoulder bag rather than a backpack), so I definitely don't subscribe to whatever they're thinking.
(06-28-2022, 05:59 PM)queenzelda Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they have a tablet plugged into the school's wifi and that's what they use? (Would be my guess.) Also when my father was teaching, a few years back a bunch of schools were getting rid of the making kids do homework model because usually kids are usually doing other extra curricular stuff. So that might also be another reason for 0 books. (Oher wise, idk: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

I know from experience that they have a cafeteria and a LOT of extracurricular stuff, so that might be it.
I used a backpack in both school and tech school. I still use one on long trips and such.
I haven't really paid attention to this so this is an interesting observation. I remember I had a backpack in year 7 but switched to a handbag to fit in with the other girls. I never really liked the handbag though and looking back on it I would have kept a backpack. These days, I only carry a backpack when I go out. More room and nothing to hold.