The Coffee House

Full Version: Search for a Songbird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Bird ♫ SEARCH FOR A SONGBIRD ♪ Bird

Some three years ago, an 18-year-old Elvish girl by the name of Cheryl embarked on an adventure with her friends, to discover the origins of a song named 'Hymn of the Whistling Wind'. The journey was long and arduous, but ultimately rewarding - as she not only found her song, but also discovered creatures and people she had no idea existed. Chief among these were the the fabled 'Dragonbirds' - which, although flightless, could run at great speeds with up to two people on their backs, and even possessed the capacity to speak a few words:

Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

Now aged 21, and long since back from her adventure, Cheryl's life circumstances had changed considerably. She had left home at the age of 19, and spent the past two years working as an entertainer at the kingdom's castle of Waldstein. For a while, she seemed to be sorted for life: the job paid well; people responded well to her songs; and she even got into a relationship with Archduke Otto's teenage son, Prince Rommel. However, things were starting to go sour: she had no new songs; people were getting tired of hearing her old ones over and over again; and Archduke Otto had decided he wanted Rommel to marry a princess, and not a mere courtier. And worst of all, Cheryl's best friend Chloe had just written to her, informing her that her annoying brother Duane was due to move to the castle, to start serving as a guard.

Cheryl decided now was the time to get out - and embark on a second adventure. She recalled the Dragonbirds she'd seen three years previously - and she was eager to find out more (in particular, how they would respond to her music). So, she collected together her considerable wealth she'd accumulated over the past two years - and headed back home.

Here are the main characters from "Search for a Song", in case the people who played them want them again. I've updated their ages (to reflect the fact that they're all three years older now), but I haven't updated any of the information except for Cheryl's; people are welcome to update their own character's information if they want.

Here's Cheryl, played by me:

Quote:Name: Cheryl (being played by Kyng)
Race: Elf
Weapons/Powers: Wields a small obsidian dagger, with an emerald on each side of the handle. Is also able to mix most basic potions, as well as an advanced night vision concoction.
Physical description: A slender woman of average height, with jade-green eyes, and lengthy blonde hair plaited all the way down to her waist. She has a variety of dresses - although, her favourite is her lime-green one with yellow knotted lining. On her finger, she wears a ruby ring with a butterfly - although, unlike some similar rings, this has no special powers and is purely decorative!
Personality: Is very creative and artistic - and, as such, she enjoys sewing and creating her own clothes. Furthermore, she's an avid musician: her most-prized possessions are her two flutes: one bone one that she's had since she was a child, and one gold one that was given to her as a gift by Prince Rommel. She's become rather skilled at music; however, her own success has given her very high expectations of other people - and she's prone to losing her temper with anybody who doesn't meet them.

Now we have Chloe, who was just an NPC who wasn't assigned to any specific person (although anyone is free to take her):
Quote:Name: Chloe
Weapons/Powers: Owns a composite bow made out of wood and horn, with pearls at either end. Can do a moderate amount of healing magic.
Physical description: Taller than her childhood friend Cheryl, but with much shorter blonde hair, down only to her neck. Has brown eyes, and a tattoo of a fox on her left cheek. Usually wears plain padded green clothes and brown boots, with a quiver on her back for her arrows.
Personality: Like Cheryl, she's very musically-minded. However, in order to differentiate herself from her best friend, she instead decided to play the fiddle. Her sweet-sounding music helps her to keep a cool head under pressure - as well as providing Cheryl with a much-needed calming influence.

Next is Duane, who was played by (although it's possible that he'll be separated from the rest of the crew for large parts of this RPG, so she might want a different character this time):
Quote:Name: Duane (being played by Megan)
Weapons/Powers: Has a hammer which he uses for carving and carpentry. In the absence of a proper weapon, this can function as a makeshift one.
Physical description: Is fairly short and muscular, with messy black hair. Wears a brown leather tunic, and short cast-iron boots.
Personality: Chloe's annoying younger brother, who is very loud and boisterous. Is always eager to go out on adventures and try new things - but is prone to acting without thinking. Has a bit of a crush on Cheryl; however, he got into major trouble with Chloe the one time he tried to act on it, so he never attempts to do so any more.

And finally we have Marlow, who was played by :

Quote:Name: Marlow
Weapons/Powers: Marlow owns two twin black daggers, each of which is embossed in the hilt with an emerald. He knows a few illusion spells, including one that can disguise his appearance. This makes him very good at stealth.
Physical description: Fairly tall (for an elf) and slim. He has long brown hair which is often covered by a dark purple hood and cloak. The rest of his clothes are leather, including his boots.
Personality: A little too sure of himself, often he can come across as being quite arrogant. He has a short fuse - especially when he gets something wrong. But at heart he is a good person who cares about those close to him. Marlow is quite the traditionalist, which manifests in his decision to learn the organ at a young age, and his love for more historic songs as opposed to contemporary work. This results in him often being found in the library, scribbling down the notes of older songs to practice at home.

Anybody is free to take their reserved characters (or Chloe), or invent their own new character. We'll start this RPG either in a week's time, or when we have four people (whichever is sooner).

Have fun, everybody!
Name: James
Race: Shapeshifter/Half Ferret
Weapons/Powers: Sword. Can shapeshift into any animal. Is half ferret as well due to a shapeshifter accident some years back.
Physical description: Fairly tall with long silver hair tied back in a ponytail with ferret ears, and a tail.
Personality: Is a bit of a joker, and tends to be rather rash in any actions he takes.
Name: Marlow
Weapons/Powers: Marlow owns two twin black daggers, each of which is embossed in the hilt with an emerald. He knows a few illusion spells, including one that can disguise his appearance. This makes him very good at stealth.
Physical description: Fairly tall (for an elf) and slim. He has long brown hair which is often covered by a dark purple hood and cloak. The rest of his clothes are leather, including his boots.
Personality: A little too sure of himself, often he can come across as being quite arrogant. He has a short fuse - especially when he gets something wrong. But at heart he is a good person who cares about those close to him. Marlow is quite the traditionalist, and has become a half-decent organist - something he keeps largely to himself. He spends the majority of his time travelling, finding curious items to trade in at prominent towns - and occasionally the kingdom's castle itself.
I'll take Chloe.
OOC: Accepted! Now that we have four people, I'll start :) .

BIC: Cheryl turned around, and took one last look at the pearly-white towers of Waldstein Castle. For almost three years now, this place had been her home, and her life: it had brought her countless happy memories. But now, it had become clear that this place wasn't for her any more - and she saw no alternative but to move on to the next phase of her life.

As she hauled her cart of personal belongings down the hill, she spotted, much to her displeasure, that the perpetual nuisance that was Duane was walking along, on the opposite side of the road. Cheryl tried her best to make herself scares - but she suspected that he had already seen her...
Duane glanced over spotting Cheryl. He smirked, and purposely crossing over to her side of the road blocking her path. "Chery;!"
Marlow was striding up the hill towards Waldstein Castle, still a good distance away at this point. He held his shoulder bag tight, occasionally glancing into it to check that the object he'd found was still in there. He'd already had one brush with a would-be thief today - and he wasn't about to let anyone steal his quarry.

Still, he was nearly at the castle. What's more, he could make out two figures in the distance. As he came closer, he realised he already knew exactly who these two were - old friends.
Chloe smiled, watching the others working. She nodded, walking up to Cheryl. "Mind if I help?" she asked. "I'm bored. I could use something to do, ya know?"
"Yes please," Cheryl sighed. "Perhaps you could very kindly get this little idiot out of my way -_- ? And make sure he doesn't steal any of my stuff while I'm at it... especially not either of my flutes!"
Duane rolled his eyes. “Why would I want your dumb flutes or any of your dumb junk?”
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14