The Coffee House

Full Version: New exclusive theme: Vino Russo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Click to enlarge
(Click to enlarge)

There's a saying about buses: you wait ages for one, and then two come at once. And it seems it's the same with new themes on TCH :lol: .

You see, hot on the heels of my Lucky Blue re-work, has been working on a theme project of her own. She's been converting the "Vino Russo" theme, which was one of our favourites from the old ZetaBoards forum. Over there, it looked like this - and as you can see, the MyBB version looks pretty similar :P .

Do note that this theme will be an exclusive for those of you who have purchased Extra Themes - so, if you want to use it, then you'll have to purchase that :P . However, there are a couple of other theme announcements that affect everyone:

• Because we don't want the non-Extra-Themes people to feel left out, the "LAN Party" theme is now free for anyone to use. For over a year, this had been an Extra Themes exclusive - but now, I've made it available to the entire board.

• To prevent our theme chooser from becoming too crowded (and to keep the total number of themes manageable for maintenance), we operate a "One in, one out" system for themes. On this occasion, Mystical Purple has been removed: hardly anybody was still using it (and, in particular, the person for whom it was made is no longer using it). Everyone who was previously using Mystical Purple has been put onto Purple Origin, since that's quite similar.

I'd like to thank Nilla for creating this theme (and also for her patience while I was testing it :P ). I hope you enjoy her work (and, if you're a non-Extra-Themes person who's seeing LAN Party for the first time, then enjoy that too :) !)
Ooooh! Looks like vintage phpBB/SMF! Me likey.

Is "Mystical Purple" gone forever, though? I would happily pay to keep it around my theme selector.
(05-09-2022, 10:59 PM)Moonshroom Wrote: [ -> ]Ooooh! Looks like vintage phpBB/SMF! Me likey.

Is "Mystical Purple" gone forever, though? I would happily pay to keep it around my theme selector.

As for Mystical Purple... the problem is, we don't want to have to maintain an ever-growing list of themes, and this was by far the least-used theme that wasn't an Extra Themes exclusive, so it didn't make much sense to keep it around ahead of any other theme :( . (I do have the theme saved on my hard drive, so it would be possible to re-add it in the future - but, if I ever do re-add it, then I'll have to remove some other theme to make way for it, and there's no obvious candidate for removal at the moment)
(05-09-2022, 11:04 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2022, 10:59 PM)Moonshroom Wrote: [ -> ]Ooooh! Looks like vintage phpBB/SMF! Me likey.

As for Mystical Purple... the problem is, we don't want to have to maintain an ever-growing list of themes, and this was by far the least-used theme that wasn't an Extra Themes exclusive, so it didn't make much sense to keep it around ahead of any other theme :( . (I do have the theme saved on my hard drive, so it would be possible to re-add it in the future - but, if I ever do re-add it, then I'll have to remove some other theme to make way for it, and there's no obvious candidate for removal at the moment)

Totally understandable, man.

As long as a copy of it exists somewhere, you can call me pleased :)

Actually, there is the PC version of Not Really Cocoa you could remove and replace it with. Unless there was a another future theme to convert or make to replace it. I don't think Pyrite uses that version anymore. He is on the mobile version, as far as I know.
(05-10-2022, 02:53 PM)Nilla Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, there is the PC version of Not Really Cocoa you could remove and replace it with. Unless there was a another future theme to convert or make to replace it. I don't think Pyrite uses that version anymore. He is on the mobile version, as far as I know.

That's true - but, the PC version of Not Really Cocoa is actually quite a popular theme (it has twice as many users as Mystical Purple did when I took it off). And I can't really get rid of the mobile version of Not Really Cocoa, since that was made specifically for Pyrite and he's still using it.

(Admittedly, the PC theme is quite old, and could use some updating - but, that's a matter for another thread altogether :P )
Oh wow  :O looking great!!