The Coffee House

Full Version: Scammer Payback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is one of the greatest YouTube channels ever... basically they call all those fake tech support scam "companies", pretend to fall for the scam, tie them up to the call for hours-on-end (so they can't scam other people while this last) and then scam THEM our of money or files, all whilst collecting data on the scammer center and its operators so they can hopefully be brought to justice.

I have never been targeted by these ploys, but I got a genuine sense of justice after seeing this play out.

Hope you enjoy it! And, if you ever had the misfortune of having fallen victim to these practices, could you share your experience with us? It can serve as a warning for the rest.
It's really sad to see that they usually target old and innocent people. In my country these scammers usually scam you by telling you that your family member was in a car accident and they'll say they're the doctor or whatever and ask you to pay a ridiculous amount of money. People fall for this because they are in shock and are panicking. 

I had an experience with one with them telling me that my little sister had an accident at school. I just told them "are you sure? she's literally sitting next to me right now" then they just hung up the phone.

It's really satisfying to watch these scammer payback videos, I love them! :P
I used to get numerous calls before I removed by landline handset from scammers telling me they had identified issues with my computer and needed to remotely log in to fix the issue

Sometimes I put the phone down, sometimes I told them what I thought of them but now and again I would play along and pretend to be trying to let them access by computer by asking them over and over to repeat their instructions and act really stupid as if I didnt know one end of a key board from another

They usually got fed up before me and I was more often than not treated to lots of abuse and name calling

It felt great to laugh loudly down the phone and hang up  :D
: That's the part that I cannot stand. It is usually someone preying on the worst fears of people. Absolutely disgusting.

And while I said that I had never been targeted by these, I need to change that statement because I got the same call you got, but about my grandma (who had just left the house). I fell for it, because I was remarkably young and stupid.

They only managed to take about $3 US Dollars out of me, for 45 minutes on the phone.

: I LOVE how their only to gears are "I'll talk to you as if you were really stupid" or "I'll abuse you, you scum" XD

I'm glad you played them, man. Nothing like wasting their time HAHA.
(01-18-2022, 12:02 PM)Moonshroom Wrote: [ -> ] : That's the part that I cannot stand. It is usually someone preying on the worst fears of people. Absolutely disgusting.

And while I said that I had never been targeted by these, I need to change that statement because I got the same call you got, but about my grandma (who had just left the house). I fell for it, because I was remarkably young and stupid.

They only managed to take about $3 US Dollars out of me, for 45 minutes on the phone.

: I LOVE how their only to gears are "I'll talk to you as if you were really stupid" or "I'll abuse you, you scum" XD

I'm so sorry about that, at least you've learned to never fall for them again! 

And it's really funny to see their reaction when they got caught scamming or when they got fed up then they start saying every curse word that ever exists or threaten to get you in jail or something like that haha

Also, I wonder how they got our personal info such as our phone number and our family member? Leaked data? It's concerning.
(01-18-2022, 12:20 PM)Frances Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2022, 12:02 PM)Moonshroom Wrote: [ -> ] : That's the part that I cannot stand. It is usually someone preying on the worst fears of people. Absolutely disgusting.

I'm so sorry about that, at least you've learned to never fall for them again! 

And it's really funny to see their reaction when they got caught scamming or when they got fed up then they start saying every curse word that ever exists or threaten to get you in jail or something like that haha

Also, I wonder how they got our personal info such as our phone number and our family member? Leaked data? It's concerning.

Nowadays your phone is entered as a back-up/confirmation step for a lot of sites, accounts and services. They probably buy them from larger companies.
Ah, yes - it's always nice to see them getting their comeuppance :lol: .

One time, I got a call from a scammer who wasn't very good at hiding it. He asked me to get onto my PC, go to 'Run', and then type 'EVENTVWR'. Obviously, I had no intention of doing that, but I was in no hurry, so I decided to stall and waste his time. And he wouldn't give up: he kept on asking me to type in 'EVENTVWR', even spelling it out to make sure I understood. And when he got to the final letter, he made it clear that he meant, in his own words: "R for Ransom" :facepalm: .

At least he was honest about his intentions -_- ...
HAHAHAHAHAHA XD

What would that even do? Delete your HDD?
Have you ever watched Kitboga? He does the same type of videos and I used to watch him all the time. He was really extra where he had a voice changer to be an old lady and he’d pretend to go to Amazon to buy the gift cards. He also did this thing with a fake desktop set up where he coded his own online banking and Amazon script and would be fake claiming the gift cards in front of them! I haven’t checked out the guy who you had in the first post but I assume it’s a similar thing. I always laughed so hard when they raged or shouted.

It’s a bit different but there’s also people who pretend to be underage girls to catch people who are trying to prey one them. Funny to catch it unravel but also benefits the vulnerable groups at risk as that time spent is stopping them from going after someone else.
(01-18-2022, 11:32 AM)Yorko Wrote: [ -> ]I used to get numerous calls before I removed by landline handset from scammers telling me they had identified issues with my computer and needed to remotely log in to fix the issue

Sometimes I put the phone down, sometimes I told them what I thought of them but now and again I would play along and pretend to be trying to let them access by computer by asking them over and over to repeat their instructions and act really stupid as if I didnt know one end of a key board from another

They usually got fed up before me and I was more often than not treated to lots of abuse and name calling

It felt great to laugh loudly down the phone and hang up  :D

(01-19-2022, 12:18 AM)Shiny Star Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ever watched Kitboga? He does the same type of videos and I used to watch him all the time. He was really extra where he had a voice changer to be an old lady and he’d pretend to go to Amazon to buy the gift cards. He also did this thing with a fake desktop set up where he coded his own online banking and Amazon script and would be fake claiming the gift cards in front of them! I haven’t checked out the guy who you had in the first post but I assume it’s a similar thing. I always laughed so hard when they raged or shouted.

It’s a bit different but there’s also people who pretend to be underage girls to catch people who are trying to prey one them. Funny to catch it unravel but also benefits the vulnerable groups at risk as that time spent is stopping them from going after someone else.

Actually, I watched *exactly* those videos you mentioned in this channel.

Maybe he just changed account names?
Pages: 1 2