The Coffee House

Full Version: Shows/movies you wish you'd seen as a child
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of us have nostalgic TV shows and movies, that formed a massive part of our childhood, and remain with us into adulthood: for me it's Harry Potter, for it's The Lion King, and I'm sure you'll have your own :P . However, there are others that we didn't see until we became adults - that probably would have had the same effect on us had we seen them as children. This thread is a place to talk about those: tell us which shows and movies you think you would have loved as a kid, if you had seen them back then. (And, yes, I'll allow shows/movies that didn't exist until after you became an adult, if they're the sort of thing you would have enjoyed as a child :P )

I'll start with the Studio Ghibli movies. I recently saw Spirited Away on Netflix - and, as I said in the Studio Ghibli thread, I rather liked it :D . To be honest, I regret that I never got the chance to see it when it was new in 2001: my 10-year-old self would've loved the fantasy world that this movie sets up (of course, I love it as an adult too, but I would've appreciated it as a child too :lol: ). Besides, it's not too far removed from the Pokémon and Digimon that I enjoyed at the time (yes, it's quite different thematically, but it is still anime, at least :lol: !)

So, what shows and movies did you see as an adult, that you think you would have loved as a child?

Deleted User 408

As a kid, I watched M.A.S.K. religiously everyday.
Hmm.. that's a tough one. Unlike you, I never really experienced the whole Harry Potter franchise especially the books because when I was younger I had trouble reading higher level books if that makes any sense. Surprisingly my English/reading grades weren't all that great when it was very popular. I think I would have really enjoyed that if I could have read it then. I mean, I have read (some) of the books and watched a couple of the movies. I kind of wish I was included in that Harry Potter hype.

I watch more adult shows now but I think I would have loved all this Marvel stuff my husband got me into. :) I never thought I would get so obsessed. :lol: I always thought super heroes were boy-ish things and it looked dumb to me. But now I don't regret it cause Tony Stark makes it worth everything 

Lastly, and this is all I can think of right now is that I would've loved How To Train Your Dragon. :p
Dragon Prince for sure. Road trip to Xadia through elf territory with a side of dinosaurs? Count me in!
(01-15-2022, 05:37 PM)JHG Wrote: [ -> ]Dragon Prince for sure. Road trip to Xadia through elf territory with a side of dinosaurs? Count me in!

Yep, I would definitely have loved that one if it had existed when I was a child :lol: !

I'll also add the Star Wars movies. I didn't actually see the original trilogy for the first time until late 2015, in preparation for seeing The Force Awakens :lol: . I did see The Phantom Menace as a child - but, with hindsight, I think watching a film of back-story (without first seeing the three films that it was back-story to) was a major mistake that killed my interest in the franchise for 16 years :facepalm: .

Of course, my parents are probably grateful that I didn't get properly into Star Wars as a kid. If I had done, then I probably would've filled the house (or, at least, my room) with Star Wars LEGO :lol: .
I'm with you there, man.

I really wished I had experienced the whole of Studio Ghibli's might as a kid, when it would have likely shaped my taste for animation and expectative of quality in a different way... but then again, I probably wouldn't have been able to enjoy them as much as a kid. It is a tricky balance.