The Coffee House

Full Version: Real Mad Libs Contest #2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the past, we had a series of "Mad Libs" contests. However, these weren't actual Mad Libs: you were just given a passage of text with some blanks to fill in. That series eventually got re-named to "Fill In The Blanks" :P .

However, a few months ago, we ran a real Mad Libs contest. Here, you weren't given the passage of text ahead of time - and you were just asked for a list of words :P . That was good fun - so, I think it's time we did another one! This time, you'll need to provide eight words - as follows:

• Four nouns;
  • Two people's names;
  • An adjective;
  • A verb.

As before, rules are as follows:

• Each person can submit up to three entries, but only one entry per person will count towards the final results;
  • No copying another person's entry. (In fact, since I'm only asking for eight words here, I'm going to be quite strict with this: only one of your words can be one that somebody else has already used!);
  • The contest closes on 31st October 2021 at 11:59pm GMT. At this point, I'll post a poll with everybody's entries, and the winners will receive the following prizes:
    • 1st place: 500 Coffee Credits (+ an Rosetteorange Orange Ribbon, if at least three people enter, and the winner wins by at least 2 votes);
    • 2nd place: 250 Coffee Credits;
    • 3rd place: 100 Coffee Credits.

Good luck, everybody :) !
Raptor, samurai, turkey, and knight for nouns. Lucy and Charlie for the names. Mighty for adjective. Smack for verb.
Four Nouns - Police, Dog, Tiger, Cow
Two People's Names - James, Tyler
An Adjective - Fuzzy
A Verb - Sat
Nouns: Backpack, candy, pokeball, cat
Peoples names: Paula and Ash
An adjective: Funny
A verb: Battle

(I ended up changing more than one of the words I first picked xD)
Four nouns - Card, Lamp, Globe, Curtain
Two people's names - Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger
An adjective - Special
A verb - Eviscerate
Four nouns - Sandwich, fudge, train, forum.
Two people's names - Kyng and Mel.
An adjective - Joyful.
A verb - Walk.

Edit: Changed one of the names.
(10-30-2021, 04:08 PM)J-Ster Wrote: [ -> ]Four nouns - Sandwich, fudge, train, forum.
Two people's names - CJ and Kyng.
An adjective - Joyful.
A verb - Walk.

Just so that you know... the Mad Libs won't make much sense with two different names for the same person :P . So you might want to change one of them, so that it's two different people!
Officially, the deadline is tonight - although, it's likely that I won't actually start the poll until some time tomorrow.

I will be accepting any 'late' entries - although, you're best off doing them before the deadline to avoid disappointment!
  • Four nouns; cat, city, mob, mafia
  • Two people's names; Jennifer and Derrick
  • An adjective; impressive
  • A verb. Scream
The contest has closed - and the text template was as follows:

Quote:{PERSON #1} once claimed that, if {NOUN #1}s could talk, they would always talk about {NOUN #2}s.

However, {PERSON #2} discovered talking {NOUN #1}s - and they actually like to talk about {NOUN #3}.

{PERSON 1} now has a new theory: if {NOUN #4}s could talk, their conversations would be very {ADJECTIVE}, and they'd made you want to {VERB}.

Time to put everyone's entries into the template - and set up the poll :lol: .