The Coffee House

Full Version: Animal Crossing series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I started playing the Animal Crossing series with City Folk for the Wii. I eventually played the Gamecube version & quite honestly, I didn't really like it that much, nor did I like the DS title. But when New Leaf released, I fell in love with it all over again. There's also the mobile monstrosity Pocket Camp & I just can't stand it. It's just so cash grabby it makes me wanna cry. lol

Lately, I've been playing on my Animal Crossing New Leaf file & I FINALLY just finished out my museum. I collected all of the fossils, bugs, fish, under water creatures, & art pieces/sculptures. 

Here's the images of my catching the final fish & bug I needed for my museum:

Fish:
[Image: DlZP6rWUwAAGeX7.jpg]

Bug:
[Image: Dlp_vEnU8AAI1Ev.jpg]

Also, my house in New Leaf is complete. I have a lot of hard to get items. A lot of them are either shown in the museum or in my house some where. 

[Image: DlaSbGaUYAEMPm6.jpg]

I have a 'beautiful' ordinance in my town & a ton of hybrid flowers that would die if I didn't have the ordinance otherwise. All that's left to get, is all of the badges & I'm missing at least 5 of them (or so). So, I plan to try to figure out how to get them all.

With the mobile Animal Crossing Pocket Camp title, somethings I like about it is that you can sell stuff like fish, & that to people who are your friends on the app. But what I don't like is that in order to get special items you have to use 'leaf bucks' in order to purchase these items & usually for me it's always about 100 more leaf bucks that I'm short to get said item. There's also loot box 'cookies' in the game which I am not a fan of at all. I like the idea of them, but it shouldn't cost real money for this stuff; seriously. Also, the museum is sadly missing & when the game first released to mobile; it was popular to turn the camp into a jail or cult: https://kotaku.com/people-are-making-cul...1820767816  D: I never did that, animals should be free to do their thing. xp

But, any how.. Any Animal Crossing fans here? Wanna talk about what we'd like to see in the next Animal Crossing game release in 2020? ;D
Finally, someone else that loves Animal Crossing as much as me. I never played the GameCube version but I have been a hardcore fan since 2006 or 2007 when Wild World the DS version came out. I had two games. My first town was called Moppings and the second was Sugarbay. Ever since, I have had towns called Sugarbay. I was also part of forums for it since 2008, AXA, The Bell Tree and EAC. EAC was short lived but I was an admin and a merge landed me as mod here back in 2011.

Anyway, I pre-ordered New Leaf and got that Isabelle figurine from it. I didn't play City Folk that much as it's better handheld but I remember it was called 'Let's Go To The City' for us UK Folk. I don't know why. I had paths and everything, even in Wild World. My New Leaf town was completely sweets and sugar themed. I had found a good template for it so it was x3 wide. My house also had the sugar upgrades.

My native fruit for that was apples I think, which I loved. It was great the customization, restarting for the perfect river, hahaha. I exhausted myself playing it one Summer and stopped around Christmas I think. I used to go to the island a lot and hang out with people I met on forums. It was insanity. I would leave my gate open and people would flood in, same on Wild World back in the day. I remember someone stole something once and I had to restart just in time. I also remember that text chat on New Leaf went away too quickly.

Honestly, even though I stopped playing years ago, this was my favourite franchise for the duration of my childhood, even above Pokémon. The memories and friends I made from that game was incredible and even just playing it and doing 'chores' everyday was beautiful. I caught a coelacanth once and everything. The upset feeling when the favourite neighbours accidentally moved. I loved Pudge, Rosie and a lot of the others that I would need to see to know again.

Never got pocket camp though because phone storage. What's this about a game for 2020 then? On the Switch?
My town's fruit is the pear. My town has always been called 'Bacon' since the first time I played City Folk. I only stopped playing because it got boring for me doing the same crap over & over again. The update for New Leaf breathed some new life into it for me. I can basically tap in certain amiibo & move in W.Link (wolf folk), Epona (a horse folk), the Splatoon sisters in as Squirrels, etc. I was finally able to kick out a few folk I wasn't a fan of & get the folk into my town I wanted.

There's also meow tickets which you can use for new stuff, & you can also use the amiibo from the Animal Crossing series & hang out with those characters in the camp ground area. My first amiibo scan in was Isabelle, best day ever.
Shiny Star Wrote:What's this about a game for 2020 then? On the Switch?
It's a joke within the AC community that will be the year we'll see a Switch Animal Crossing release.
That's interesting, I've never actually used amiibo before or owned one. I've seen them in game before though. I completely get what you mean about the repetition, especially as you get older.

Also, I reckon there is a good chance an Animal Crossing for the Switch will come. It's an all time favourite series and they didn't make one for the Wii U. Well, the Wii U was a slight flop. Anyway, I wonder what they would do if there was a Switch one. They added being mayor last game and the island but would we be mayor again? What would the new feature be? I'm not even sure how they could build from what they've already done. Maybe have something like the island but bigger, maybe like a holiday resort, kind of like the campsite but bigger!
Technically there was a Wii U Animal Crossing title, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival. It's not that bad of a game tbh. I've played it & it was actually kind of fun. Just no town, it's basically like the older Mario Party titles, but with the Animal Crossing characters. 

Also the amiibo in the New Leaf when scanned, depending on what they are might get you a special guest to visit your town. Nintendo also brought back the genie for this, & since there was no manual you get one in the update as well.

As for the Switch version I want this:
Clever them, it gave people more of a reason to use Amiibos with the Wii U. I honestly need to start keeping track again. I skimmed over that video and I love the hot air balloons, especially the stuff that had a crossover with other videogames. Those would be great stuff to wish for. I'm also kind of hoping that the maps or villager capacity goes up even further. They could also introduce more mini-games and maybe more stuff to collect, like mushrooms or wild plants and herbs.

ooo, could also copy Harvest Moon type games and introduce a hammer or pick axe for mining
What I'd love to see for the next Animal Crossing is the ability to go between towns that are open. Say your using your local wifi & you have two different towns open? It would be nice to be able to go to Porter (the monkey) at the gate & ask to go to the other town from there. Not just choose to go back to your town. It would be easier to go between one town to another. Say I wanted to move a bunch of flowers from town (A) to town [C]? In order to do that, I have to grab the flowers in town (A) then go home & then go back to the ticket gate & then go to town [C]. Where as if I went to town (A) & then asked to go to town [C] I could just skip going back to my town at all if I wanted to.

I'd also love to be able to have a pet in Animal Crossing. Like Pokemon or even a cat from monster hunter, just something that's a companion for my villager would be great.
I don't know if I'm tired so that confused me or what. I think I know what you mean though. Like, you can jump from town to town rather than always go back to your own town before you can go back out again. That would make the process slightly less tedious to say the least. It was nearby that they introduced that close to in the train station. Speaking of which, we need more closet space. We should start with a certain amount and then have to use bells to buy upgrades or something for those of us that need it. They could also do that too with land space within the town so those that wanna grow are able to and those that prefer the current size can stick with that too. 

I was thinking about the pet idea before but then that's tricky when you remember that the neighbours are also animals too. For example, imagine having a pet cat but you also have cat neighbours. I guess a way to get around that is maybe to introduce family members to some characters but that could overload the place with too many or something. There should be an option too to freeze two or three neighbours in the town so they can't leave even if you don't talk to them or haven't been on in ages. That would mean breaks from the game wouldn't cost you your favourite.
Well the idea is that instead of relying on the game to kick you back home, you could ask to go to a different town. Say I have my local town open; Fairy & I want to go from maybe my other town of Danville & pick up something there then go straight over to Fairy? There'd be no going to my town of Bacon in between when going to local wifi towns.

My thought is that the idea with pets is that it might work out better with animals from other Nintendo franchise games, like say Pokemon or even the Monster Hunter series which has a cat in it as your manager in one. So maybe, the 'pet' could be forgiven because it's from another series was my thought.
Right, I understand that now. Definitely would be a good idea as it saves time. As for the pet idea, that could work as there are a lot of crossovers with Mario stuff, Zelda etc. Aw, like imagine a Yoshi or a Pikachu. That would be such a cute idea.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6