The Coffee House

Full Version: Beer and popcorn to tempt staff back to office?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2021/s...ck-to-work

Free breakfast, candy floss on demand or a gift of corporate-branded merchandise – these are just some of the perks and incentives being offered by office-based employers to entice their workers back to their desks after a year and a half at home.

The City of London Corporation, the governing body for the capital’s Square Mile, welcomed workers back by jointly staging a free-to-enter “beerfest” last Thursday, where colleagues could get together over a pint and street food.

Investment firm Fidelity International is one of those offering treats to its almost 2,900 workers. Those entering the workplace will be able to enjoy a free breakfast for a week from Monday, as well as free fruit. Candy floss and popcorn carts will also be available on certain days.

I have to admit, I'm not sure that many of these would tempt me back into the office :lol: . The beer certainly wouldn't; the candyfloss and popcorn might, but I think I'd get tired of those if I had too much of them!

Though, it sounds as though working from home is very much here to stay.