The Coffee House

Full Version: Tokyo 2020 Olympic Medal Prediction Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 2020 Summer Olympic Games are currently kicking off in Tokyo, a year later than planned :P . Over the course of the two-week event, a total of 339 gold medals will be up for grabs across a total of 33 sports....but which nations will win the most? All you need to do is predict the following two things:

1) The five nations that will win the most gold medals (in order), and;
2) The number of gold medals that the nation at the top of the table will win.

This contest will close five days into the games, on Wednesday, 28th July at 11:59pm GMT. At the end of the games, when all medals have been awarded, Coffee Credits will be awarded to those who made correct predictions, as follows:

• 150 Coffee Credits for each top-5 nation predicted in the correct place (e.g. UK predicted 4th, and they finish 4th);
  • 50 Coffee Credits for each top-5 nation predicted in a different place in the top 5 (e.g. UK predicted 3rd, and they finish 5th);
  • 250 Coffee Credits for whoever gets closest to the winner's gold medal total (increased to 500 Coffee Credits if they get it exactly right);
  • A Rosettered Red Ribbon for the winner, if they win at least 800 Coffee Credits.

One final note: due to Russia's doping ban, Russian athletes will be competing under the name "Russian Olympic Committee" (or ROC). If you include this as one of your top five countries, then I don't mind which name you use: it's up to you whether you want to use "ROC" because that's the official name, or just call them "Russia" because it's easier :P .

Good luck, everybody :) !
1. USA 51
2. China 34
3.  Great Britain 22
5. Japan 21
5. Australia 16
(07-23-2021, 12:39 PM)Emily Wrote: [ -> ]1. USA 51
2. China 34
3.  Great Britain 22
5. Japan 21
5. Australia 16

By the way, you only need to predict the medal count for the #1 team. Of course, you can predict them for the other four as well if you want - but that'll be just for fun :lol: !
(07-23-2021, 12:42 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2021, 12:39 PM)Emily Wrote: [ -> ]1. USA 51
2. China 34
3.  Great Britain 22
5. Japan 21
5. Australia 16

By the way, you only need to predict the medal count for the #1 team. Of course, you can predict them for the other four as well if you want - but that'll be just for fun :lol: !

D'oh was only half reading it, thought it was a bit hard haha
1) United States United States
2) Great Britain United Kingdom 
3) China China
4) Germany Germany
5) Japan Japan 

I think the winning team will get 49 golds.
My predictions:

1st: United States United States of America (45 gold medals)
2nd: China China
3rd: Japan Japan
4th: Germany Germany
5th: Russia Russia (officially, "Russian Olympic Committee" :P )

Yeah, since so many of our stars from 2012 and 2016 have either retired or passed their prime, I'm not even putting us in the top 5 here. But, maybe the new crop of British athletes will prove me wrong :lol: .
1st:  United States of America United States 
2nd: Great Britain United Kingdom
3rd: China China
4th: France France
5th Germany Germany

I think the USA will win 47 gold medals.
1st:  United States of America United States 44 gold medals
2nd: Great Britain United Kingdom 40 gold medals
3rd: China China
4th: France France
5th Germany Germany
Two days left to get your guesses in!
Well, the final top 5 was:

1. United States United States (Emily, Pyrite, Kyng, J-Ster and LadyJirachu get 150CC)
2. China China (Emily and Kyng get 150CC; Pyrite, J-Ster and LadyJirachu get 50CC)
3. Japan Japan (Kyng gets 150CC; Emily and Pyrite get 50CC)
4. United Kingdom Great Britain (Emily, Pyrite J-Ster and LadyJirachu get 50CC)
5. ROC - Russian Olympic Committee (Kyng wins 150CC)

The USA won 39 gold medals (LadyJirachu was closest, so she wins 250CC)

Final scores:

: 600CC
: 450CC
: 400CC
: 300CC
: 250CC

Congrats to everyone on their winnings, and thanks for entering, to everyone who did :D !