The Coffee House

Full Version: Pokémon Wonder (nature theme park)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.ign.com/articles/pokemon-won...park-japan

The story goes that Pokemon was inspired by kids collecting bugs in Japan, and as such the association with nature has always been a pillar of the franchise. The Pokemon Company is applying this philosophy to a brand new theme park in Japan.

As reported by Kotaku, The Pokemon Company has officially announced Pokemon Wonder, a 48,000-square foot forest theme park where its main attraction is experiencing nature and Pokemon together.

Rather than a traditional amusement park with rides and mascots, Pokemon Wonder is situated in a vast forest that remained untouched for 20 years. There, attendees can explore the forest and look for handcrafted Pokemon made from items like leaves and acorns.

You can check out a gallery of the park in the linked article.

This does look quite nice - even if you're a nature fan who isn't particularly into Pokémon :) .

Bit of a shame it's only for nine months, and it's so far away - but, if it succeeds, then perhaps they can bring the same concept elsewhere?
Might wanna fix that typo in the title, KIFAIL. :P

But yeah, not something would go to, but it's a good idea to help kids who are into Pokémon maybe have a better appreciation of nature.
I’m so jealous Japan gets this. :$ it’s so beautiful!!
(09-22-2021, 07:17 PM)Detective Osprey Wrote: [ -> ]I’m so jealous Japan gets this. :$ it’s so beautiful!!

Certainly does!

Do you know of anywhere near you that would be good for something like this?
(09-23-2021, 04:13 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2021, 07:17 PM)Detective Osprey Wrote: [ -> ]I’m so jealous Japan gets this. :$ it’s so beautiful!!

Certainly does!

Yeah I do! It’s called Martin Nature Park. It’s in western  (maybe northwestern) Oklahoma City.
(09-23-2021, 05:16 PM)Detective Osprey Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2021, 04:13 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]

Certainly does!

Yeah I do! It’s called Martin Nature Park. It’s in western  (maybe northwestern) Oklahoma City.

Ah yes, that does look good :) .

Or maybe they could do a Water-themed one somewhere :P ?
(10-04-2021, 09:39 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2021, 05:16 PM)Detective Osprey Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2021, 04:13 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly does!

Ah yes, that does look good :) .

Or maybe they could do a Water-themed one somewhere :P ?
This theme park could definitely work, because there are creeks there too.
Awwwww this looks so cute :) I hope one day I would be able to visit this when it’s up! If travel to Japan is ever possible for me.

I generally enjoy nature a lot too :)
(10-11-2021, 04:53 PM)LadyJirachu Wrote: [ -> ]Awwwww this looks so cute :) I hope one day I would be able to visit this when it’s up! If travel to Japan is ever possible for me.

Well, sadly, it seems that this park is only operating until April 2022 - so you don't have too long!

However, if it's successful enough, then I can easily see other similar parks opening up - either in Japan, or elsewhere.
(10-13-2021, 11:46 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2021, 04:53 PM)LadyJirachu Wrote: [ -> ]Awwwww this looks so cute :) I hope one day I would be able to visit this when it’s up! If travel to Japan is ever possible for me.

Well, sadly, it seems that this park is only operating until April 2022 - so you don't have too long!

However, if it's successful enough, then I can easily see other similar parks opening up - either in Japan, or elsewhere.

Aww, its a shane I won't get to visit it :/

Hopefully one day they can remake something like this in New York :) I could visit a New York version a lot more easily.
Pages: 1 2